What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inheritance

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Should you get what your parents achieved?

Should your children benefit from what you did?

God save the Queen of New Zealand.

Discuss.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Being an only child with power of attorney made things so much easier without siblings and relatives to cause an absolute shitfight.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Not inherited, just paid for, bought from someone, who happened to own it at the time.

Left to your kids?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Every cat I owned has been desexed, well fed and well cared for.
That is good to know,.If you own a cat look after it.

So Bill Gates (Just an example) who changed the world and earnt a lot, should just give it to his kids?

Should they just make thier own?

Give it to government?

I have few grey areas, most is black and white.

I cannot answer this.

crocodile

Bench

So Bill Gates (Just an example) who changed the world and earnt a lot, should just give it to his kids?

Give it to government?

I cannot answer this.
Bill Gates, like every other Thomas, Richard and Harold can do what he wants with it. It's his money. If he chooses philanthropy that's his business. If it were mine, the government are the last ones that should get their scratchers on it.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Do you thank the previous owners?

I bought my piece of land of a fella named Chow, just 1004m2

He bought from who the f**k knows. (QLD Lands dept does)

I am assured however I am supposed to thank some tribe.

Born here, raised here, bought here.

Some how a thief, and should I hand to my kids?

Generational wealth, stolen some say, others just make thier own.

God save the Queen of Papua New Guinea.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Just f**k off this indigenous moniker.

By definition, I'm indigenous. Born in Australia with 5 generations before me born in Australia.

Where's my land rights?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If that is their wish, of course.

At what point does it stop though? I’m all for ordinary folks passing on enough for their families to have a comfortable future. But if you got to the point where a small number of families had accumulated 90% of the world’s wealth and just kept passing it down, what then? Do we decide it’s time to reappropriate their surplus assets more equitably?

Lambretta

First Grade
At what point does it stop though? I’m all for ordinary folks passing on enough for their families to have a comfortable future. But if you got to the point where a small number of families had accumulated 90% of the world’s wealth and just kept passing it down, what then? Do we decide it’s time to reappropriate their surplus assets more equitably?

A fair taxation system during life does this.

Our inability to tax the rich while they live means they hoard. Its only natural.

I am completely against death taxes though. The rich find ways to avoid them. They're hurtful and largely useless at targetting who you want to target.

They also encourage a "f**k it, lets spend it all" attitude which isn't environmentally friendly

___

Juniors

Give it to government?

I cannot answer this.
With Bill Gates it's not so much his money, it's his company. Who should inherit it from him?

crocodile

Bench
It is their asset that has already been taxed. They can do what they want with it.

You know, the French tax their citizens at almost half of their entire GDP output with all sorts of taxes. Income, VAT at 17.5%, corporate, inheritance, land yadda yadda yadda. They haven't had a budget in the black for over 45 years. There's a lesson there.

crocodile

Bench
A fair taxation system during life does this.

Our inability to tax the rich while they live means they hoard. Its only natural.

I am completely against death taxes though. The rich find ways to avoid them. They're hurtful and largely useless at targetting who you want to target.

They also encourage a "f**k it, lets spend it all" attitude which isn't environmentally friendly

What a load of horseshit. The top 10% of income earners pay 50% of the taxes in this joint.

Latest posts