What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019: Parra v Dragons LIVE GAME DAY thread 4/8/19

strider

Post Whore
It's always when there's no ruck speed and he has to get deep for the kick. Putting it high gives him time to put his chasers onside.
No one ever puts chasers onside these days ... the new tactic is for a defender to always at least grab hold of the kicker so he cant chase after the kick

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think sometimes people forget years like 2018. We deadset had a hard time winning a game last season. We get a win today and it’s “Well it’s still not good enough. Should have won by more.”

I think most people are shitty not at the team for not icing the game sooner, but the pathetic referees for officiating the game so poorly.

I think everyone is stoked with that - a tough, grinding win, away from home.

chiefy1

Juniors
I'm more pleased with this win than many of our previous. Our goal defense was very impressive, and we really slowed a very dangerous pack. Drown and Evans played their best games and Waqa showed glimpses of what he'll bring when fully fit
The dragons never looked like scoring at any time.
The offloading of Norman has been proven a masterstroke.

emjaycee

Coach
I do.

And I reckon Evans has been really, really good for 5 to 6 weeks now.

Tonight, though, he was in beast mode. I loved seeing the big fella dominate his opponents.
My mail is that the coaching staff identified some small issues in KEvans running style and under the watchful eye of MPotter they have been working on fixing it at Wenty. What we have seen since his return is the result of that effort.

Bazal

Post Whore
My mail is that the coaching staff identified some small issues in KEvans running style and under the watchful eye of MPotter they have been working on fixing it at Wenty. What we have seen since his return is the result of that effort.

Wait...

So we have someone coaching running mechanics?? Didn't we keel-haul AFL guy for that!?

:p

Happy MEel

First Grade
Some astute observations from the coaching staff

giphy.gif

In all seriousness though, whatever they did, it has worked. Massive effort from the giant today.

Delboy

First Grade
Understandably paranoid at times , but Perenara made some diabolical decsisons in the bunker that could have influenced the game against Parra, now why doesn't that seem a strange occurrence.

They try awarded to Saints, the call against Waqa when it doesn't touch a Parra player, the incredibly stupid call from the bunker to ping Kane and send him to the sin bin for the opposition player Head butting him in the chest.

Mr Annesley come on down and apologise, and ensure some referees are distanced from our games