What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21: Parra v Knights LIVE GAME DAY thread 10/8/19

Eelementary

Post Whore
I thought we looked thoroughly professional.

It's only our impatience in attack that has meant we haven't scored more points.

But I'm very impressed with our composure in defence, and the chances we have had, we looked sharp.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That Ponga shoulder charge that was not called, simply because he's the poster boy right now, really pisses me off, though - how they can logically claim that wasn't a shoulder charge, is completely beyond me...

hindy111

Post Whore
That Ponga shoulder charge that was not called, simply because he's the poster boy right now, really pisses me off, though - how they can logically claim that wasn't a shoulder charge, is completely beyond me...

It was fine. You dont want to rub those plays out of rugby league. It's becoming to soft as is. I like seeing a guy put body on the line.

TheParraboy

Staff member
who gives a f..k "if your FB runs across and saves a try' - what a tool johnson

thank christ for Micky Enis (today only) :D

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree with Shaun Johnson, tbh.

Mick Ennis is defending the non-penalty for the shoulder charge; Johnson is saying that it blatantly was a shoulder charge.

Don't get me wrong - I love shoulder charges, and was sad to see them go.

But the fact remains that they were banned, and it seems you can only escape punishment from them if you're Kalyn Ponga...

TheParraboy

Staff member
It was fine. You dont want to rub those plays out of rugby league. It's becoming to soft as is. I like seeing a guy put body on the line.

they should have thought of that when they stamped the shoulder charge out of the game

why play favourites now and make excuses ?

hindy111

Post Whore
Paul gallon is killing our momentum every fourth tackle play.

Agree. N.Brown works hard but should be used easrlier in set. Too often he gets ball on the attacking play and just kills the move. Doesn't seem to have players running off him as often.
Unless its a tactic by coach so that every now and then he throws the suprise pass.

Eelementary

Post Whore
they should have thought of that when they stamped the shoulder charge out of the game

why play favourites now and make excuses ?

Are we still the only side in the NRL to have a player binned for a high tackle?

What ever happened to enforcing that?

It's a joke of a competition, tbh.

Bandwagon

Staff member

They're pretty much ruling now that if the leading arm of the defender is raised enough away from the body at the point of contact then it's ok.

Which I don't mind because defenders need to use their shoulder if we want to see decent hits.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think its in awesome try saving tackle

The problem is half the time its ruled illegal half the time not

I agree - it as a great tackle.

But it was a shoulder charge, and they're now illegal. It should have been a penalty.

I applaud the tackle - it was beautiful -, but it should have been punished, as per the NRL's rules.

Latest posts