What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21: Parra v Knights LIVE GAME DAY thread 10/8/19

JokerEel

First Grade
Alvaro didnt seem to come back on either.

I am glad Taka played well. I've always backed the guy amd defended him amongst everyones favourite scape goat. The guy just gives his all. His take from Klemmers kick was actually very good. That could of been very dangerous.

A team with pearce ponga lino Watson and it was Klemmer who put in the most attacking kick in that last 10 minutes...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Alvaro didnt seem to come back on either.

I am glad Taka played well. I've always backed the guy amd defended him amongst everyones favourite scape goat. The guy just gives his all. His take from Klemmers kick was actually very good. That could of been very dangerous.

Aside from that knock-on early on, Taka was very good, I thought.

And I agree with you - for all his errors he can make, and his sometimes lazy defence, I really like the guy. He brings something not many players can bring - genuine skill.

And his catch off Klemmer's kick was a huge play.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I thought Marata was powerful tonight.

I agree - he was a real powerhouse.

I honestly thought we would miss Evans' power and aggression - and then Marata came off the bench, and dominated the Knights' pack.

It was a great sight to witness!

Bazal

Post Whore
I agree - he was a real powerhouse.

I honestly thought we would miss Evans' power and aggression - and then Marata came off the bench, and dominated the Knights' pack.

It was a great sight to witness!

Captaining cricket has taught me the importance in a full game of small moments.

There was a run after their second try where we were looking a bit shell shocked, and Marata just came out of the gloom almost and charged on to the ball like a clydesdale. It's only one run but after that we had a big set in defence and broke their momentum.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That Ponga shoulder charge that was not called, simply because he's the poster boy right now, really pisses me off, though - how they can logically claim that wasn't a shoulder charge, is completely beyond me...
Technically it is a shoulder charge, but I think the issue is that nearly everybody agrees there's nothing wrong with it. The problem with the shoulder charge rule is that in most cases the shoulder charge isn't dangerous, and often used by a defender trying to protect himself from a big collision. Plus there's already a rule to protect players who cop a shoulder to the head. That merkin smashed by Kane Evans last week was hit in the head by Evans' chest!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Technically it is a shoulder charge, but I think the issue is that nearly everybody agrees there's nothing wrong with it. The problem with the shoulder charge rule is that in most cases the shoulder charge isn't dangerous, and often used by a defender trying to protect himself from a big collision. Plus there's already a rule to protect players who cop a shoulder to the head. That merkin smashed by Kane Evans last week was hit in the head by Evans' chest!

I think it was a great tackle - and I'm a firm believer that he, as a last line of defence, should have the right to do it to prevent a try (as long as he doesn't connect with the head, which he didn't).

But shoulder charges were banned, and the on-field ref picked up on it - but the Bunker refused to make the right calls imo.

I think Ponga's tackle was fantastic - but by the laws of the modern game, it was a penalty, and even a possible binning.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Captaining cricket has taught me the importance in a full game of small moments.

There was a run after their second try where we were looking a bit shell shocked, and Marata just came out of the gloom almost and charged on to the ball like a clydesdale. It's only one run but after that we had a big set in defence and broke their momentum.

I totally agree - he was huge tonight. He runs so freaking hard!