What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21: Parra v Knights LIVE GAME DAY thread 10/8/19

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I can see what BA is trying to do with Moeroa, looks like he wants a fresh merkin for the last 15 or so mins to add some line speed to our defence.

Last 3 weeks are good game’s for why it’s a good idea, close games on the line with 10 to go.

However is Moeroa the right person for the role? I reckon it’s a good role for stone

Bazal

Post Whore
I can see what BA is trying to do with Moeroa, looks like he wants a fresh merkin for the last 15 or so mins to add some line speed to our defence.

Last 3 weeks are good game’s for why it’s a good idea, close games on the line with 10 to go.

However is Moeroa the right person for the role? I reckon it’s a good role for stone

Why not Alvaro?

Start him, play him for his first stint, rest him up until the same point in the game and then use him in that role at the back? That's what we used to do.

That way you can use Evans for his impact off the bench and give him a stint to run hard when he's fresh and the other side might not be. And you can have another attacking forward on the bench without wasting time on Mr Concussion

chiefy1

Juniors

Bankwest Stadium

·
1h

Massive shout out to the 20,671 fans who braved a chilly evening to see #NRLEelsKnights at #BankwestStadium!

1f44a.svg

Bandwagon

Staff member
Great win, been a while since I've seen us turn momentum like that with our defence. Moses Controlled the game well , a good sign heading into finals.

I think we are beginning to play finals footy. not exceptionally well mind, but it's definitely there.

I hope we can build on that mentality over the next four weeks.

Incorrect

Coach
Why not Alvaro?

Start him, play him for his first stint, rest him up until the same point in the game and then use him in that role at the back? That's what we used to do.

That way you can use Evans for his impact off the bench and give him a stint to run hard when he's fresh and the other side might not be. And you can have another attacking forward on the bench without wasting time on Mr Concussion
Get over Alvaro already... He's more a plodder than guys like Welsh and Glasby that you reckon are the ploddiest plods that ever plodded... Seriously...

Bazal

Post Whore
Get over Alvaro already... He's more a plodder than guys like Welsh and Glasby that you reckon are the ploddiest plods that ever plodded... Seriously...

Why do merkins always think it's about rating a player as a star or whatever FFS?

It's about balance.

Tell me why that idea is WORSE than what we're currently doing with the squad we have, or GTFO

JokerEel

Coach
Why do merkins always think it's about rating a player as a star or whatever FFS?

It's about balance.

Tell me why that idea is WORSE than what we're currently doing with the squad we have, or GTFO

All about balance but would unbalance a team signing Ponga if he could...

Alvaro is great as a starting forward but far out he fades quickly..

Bazal

Post Whore
All about balance but would unbalance a team signing Ponga if he could...

Alvaro is great as a starting forward but far out he fades quickly..

You seem to have a problem with Ponga.

Perhaps you should take it to the Newcastle forum?

Avenger

Immortal
Waqa Blake is pure class - speed, power, and strong defence. He is a gun, and I am so happy he's an Eel.

I thought Terepo looked a little undercooked, but I would rather him out there, over Moeroa.

Shaun Lane is an absolute weapon - such a great, great player.

And Gutherson doesn't have game-breaking ability of Trbojevic, or Tedesco, but his fitness, leadership, and willingness to get involved are inspirational.
Great points Eela. Blake made 151m. He is a class centre. Can't believe the Panters let him go. Sivo was also huge today and Lane for mine has been only second to Mitchell Moses as our player of the year.

Brad Arthur has done an amazing job with the huge Venge money on his back. That cannot be discounted. Well done BA.

Incorrect

Coach
It's equal worse because Alvaro is as effective (read impotent) as Tepai in everything they do right now. IMO of course.

I don't see energy or linespeed from either of them as it currently stands whenever they're on...
Getting TFO now though, as I'm sure I haven't made a convincing enough case...

Great points Eela. Blake made 151m. He is a class centre. Can't believe the Panters let him go. Sivo was also huge today and Lane for mine has been only second to Mitchell Moses as our player of the year.

Brad Arthur has done an amazing job with the huge Venge money on his back. That cannot be discounted. Well done BA.
I would ask if that was a Freudian slip but, y'know...

Eelementary

Post Whore

And let's just wait until Waqa is 100% confident in his knee!

I'd wager he's not playing at 100%, because coming back from a longterm injury will plant seeds of doubt in a player's mind.

But just wait until he's 100% confident and fit - we will be in for a real treat!

Bazal

Post Whore
It's equal worse because Alvaro is as effective (read impotent) as Tepai in everything they do right now. IMO of course.

I don't see energy or linespeed from either of them as it currently stands whenever they're on...
Getting TFO now though, as I'm sure I haven't made a convincing enough case...

Accordingly, by your logic, I am going to brand you a Moeroa lover from here on out...

Latest posts