What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He we go...again

We haven’t been ruthless enough as a Club with under performing players.

Too many average players have been re signed for big money and too many average players have been given a pay day to join in recent times.

Flanno’s recruited too much in recent years for the sake of recruitment and hasn’t gotten rid of enough dead wood and brought through the youngsters.

Chasing instant continued success and not being patient with juniors was definitely one of his flaws as a coach.

Full credit to John Morris because he’s brought in a ton of youngsters into the team this year. Probably to the detriment of our defence and finals aspirations but his patience will pay dividends next season and the next.

AJB1102

First Grade
Chasing instant continued success and not being patient with juniors was definitely one of his flaws as a coach.

You wanna sit around waiting till all the juniors are ready to win a comp? f**k, no thanks. You use the words "continued success" like it's a bad thing.

You wanna sit around waiting till all the juniors are ready to win a comp? f**k, no thanks. You use the words "continued success" like it's a bad thing.

Well would you like to win a comp in 2 to 3 years time or f**k your salary cap with over priced average footballers and finish between 4th and 6th every year like we have since we won the comp.

Hell we’re over the cap for next year and there’s a good chance we won’t even make the semi’s this year after spending a shyte load on imports.

That’s poor thinking.

Look at Melbourne who have lost two super stars in their team in Cronk and Slater but didn’t try and replace them in the market place. They scout great kids and give them a chance. You don’t hit on them all but if your formula for talent scouting is right you will hit on enough to keep the production line going.

I think you answered your own question.

Carey both Johnson and Townsend have 2 years to go on their contracts.

It wasn’t a matter of sitting in Reggie’s for a year.

Once he could see Chad wasn’t getting moved on he knew his future wasn’t at the Sharks.

I’m sure Dad had a plan.

That plan was moving Chad on by either dropping him to Canterbury Cup or just getting straight to the point with him and telling him he wasn’t the future at the Club.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Year is not over, like many have said. Can't put my finger on the under performance without speculation but would we even be having this discussion had we won those three games we lost by poor goal kicking? In 2016 we had an amazing year with no injuries and when we got on a roll we couldn't be stopped. Perhaps if this year was like then we wuldn't have had those poor performances?

Injuries have definitely played a big part, it also looks like there's some individual issues that have surfaced so like Frank has said, lets give Bomber the whole year and see where it's at. A full off season and a year without so many injuries might help his cause also.

Buzz if a farkwit.

Carey both Johnson and Townsend have 2 years to go on their contracts.

It wasn’t a matter of sitting in Reggie’s for a year.

Once he could see Chad wasn’t getting moved on he knew his future wasn’t at the Sharks.

I’m sure Dad had a plan.

That plan was moving Chad on by either dropping him to Canterbury Cup or just getting straight to the point with him and telling him he wasn’t the future at the Club.
I said one more year, Zero tackle says Townsend is signed until 2020. That's one more year.
Are they wrong or you?

fizman

Bench
I would be extending John Morris for another 3-5 years today.

From memory, he signed a 2 year deal - this year and next. With the salary cap issues for next season he will not have had the opportunity to have a proper off season (this year) and a salary cap to work with (next season).

By signing him long term, we are saying you are our long term coach. This will give him the ability to start the process of rebuilding the roster.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I like how the general public just takes what Rothfield says as gospel. How would he even know that we’re supposedly over the salary cap? How does he know the exact figure each player is on, from SJ all the way down to Ronaldo?

He really is a f**king worm. I’d love to tell him what I think of him and his dribble.

Feej

First Grade
I like how the general public just takes what Rothfield says as gospel. How would he even know that we’re supposedly over the salary cap? How does he know the exact figure each player is on, from SJ all the way down to Ronaldo?

He really is a f**king worm. I’d love to tell him what I think of him and his dribble.
ET Stand, around row D or so, Southern end.

CM67

Juniors

We hear every year how a team is not allowed to register a contract of a new recruit until they are cap compliant.
This was the case as recently as when the Knights had to release Ramien before they could register Brailey.
Why then would the NRL allow contracts that would make a club non-compliant two to three years down the track ?

Card Shark

Immortal
I like how the general public just takes what Rothfield says as gospel. How would he even know that we’re supposedly over the salary cap?

Because there are people within the club that do know, that tell him!

It’s not inconceivable that he does know exact figures!

If it’s untrue, why hasn’t the club immediately released a statement rebutting these figures & stating the situation is not that bad & is indeed under control.