What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most dissapointed players

84 Baby

Referee
You know what disappoints me more than anything else?

That does.
What about that could of disappointed you? The phrasing is generally accepted by institutions such as Merriam Webster and while it likely came out of the writing of a mispronunciation of “could’ve”, the usage of “of” as a verb in this manner predates you or I (or is it me and you?)

ash411

Bench
What about that could of disappointed you? The phrasing is generally accepted by institutions such as Merriam Webster and while it likely came out of the writing of a mispronunciation of “could’ve”, the usage of “of” as a verb in this manner predates you or I (or is it me and you?)
I don't care if Merriam Webster accepted it, have you seen the words they've let into the dictionary? It's wrong, and it makes people who use it sound stupid to me.

Trust me, I don't want to be a grammar Nazi, my grammar isn't perfect, this on particularly annoys me and I snapped today (I've been holding my tongue for a long time).

That would be the same institution who finished their discussion of the issue with this (bold added by me):

The amount of written evidence produced over more than two centuries means that we are inclined to define a word, but it does not mean that we recommend that it be employed (unless, of course, it is for a desired effect). Our usage guide, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary of English Usage, addresses this matter in some detail and provides a stark assessment: “you had better avoid it in your own writing.”

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/whats-worse-than-coulda

T-Boon

Coach
why is French getting votes. He was way off the depth chart from the start of the year. The answer is Alvaro. I would also accept Gutherson.

strider

Post Whore
why is French getting votes. He was way off the depth chart from the start of the year. The answer is Alvaro. I would also accept Gutherson.
I hear ya ... Only one person predicted Alvaro to be the disappointment of the season in the predictions thread .... What a f**kin genius

hindy111

Post Whore
I hear ya ... Only one person predicted Alvaro to be the disappointment of the season in the predictions thread .... What a f**kin genius

I also predicted it in my own personal data log used for blueprint purposes.

TheRam

Coach
Most tackles of any forward
Most decoy runs by about 50 of any player in comp
Averages almost 140mtrs a game
Hits like a mack truck

I reckon in 2 years he might be the best forward in the game. He has gone to another level this year.

I agree with you Hindy, this guy is exceptional. Best forward in the game? I'm not to sure there buddy, with JT, Jake Trbojevic and young guns Hass and D Fifita coming through. I would put these guys in front of him. But he is definitely a real beast of a player and my favourite Panther by a long shot.