What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 22 2019 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Big week at work for me so I'm just copying and pasting Phil's comment from last week:

"So next week.
Warriors beat Rooster :)
Manly beat Tigers
Panthers beat Broncos
Dragon beat Sharks

Warriors move into the top 8.

Don't get excited the refs will be briefed on this during the week and know what to do. :p"

I'm actually going to my first game for the year too. The historic SCG, I don't think the Warriors have played there. Not a great ground for league of course, due to its shape.

I hope the Chooks go in flat and give us an easy one!

Game of the round has to be Storm v Raiders. A win by the latter would really shake things up.

Marty looked in trouble pre game with his knee.
The Brookvale high injury rate continues. The young Tiger no9 Liddle has done a knee 5mins in. Cannon balled by his own team mate.

Big week at work for me so I'm just copying and pasting Phil's comment from last week:

"So next week.
Warriors beat Rooster :)
Manly beat Tigers
Panthers beat Broncos
Dragon beat Sharks

Warriors move into the top 8.

Don't get excited the refs will be briefed on this during the week and know what to do. :p"

I'm actually going to my first game for the year too. The historic SCG, I don't think the Warriors have played there. Not a great ground for league of course, due to its shape.

I hope the Chooks go in flat and give us an easy one!

Game of the round has to be Storm v Raiders. A win by the latter would really shake things up.
Warriors paying $5 to win. Sounds like a certainty. Have a pretty good record of 4 wins from last 5 games against them and handy away record this year.
Hell what am i saying!

Needed to tip Tigers, Broncos and Sharks.

Warriors paying $5 to win. Sounds like a certainty. Have a pretty good record of 4 wins from last 5 games against them and handy away record this year.
Hell what am i saying!

Needed to tip Tigers, Broncos and Sharks.
Also forgot the potential Penrose triangle.
Raiders beat Warriors
Roosters beat Raiders,
Should mean Roosters beat Warriors, but Penrose triangle means Warriors beat Roosters.

JJ

Immortal
Marty looked in trouble pre game with his knee.
The Brookvale high injury rate continues. The young Tiger no9 Liddle has done a knee 5mins in. Cannon balled by his own team mate.
that looked ugly - no fault of Brookvale there - just awful luck... seems the kid has a history too

Blair

Coach
3rd week on the trot we have been ordinary but will bank it and move on

They had me a bit edgy there. Especially at six-all, I had no confidence they'd be getting the job done, mostly in attack. Does Dessie use 'buzzwords'? If so, I'm sure 'execution', or lack of, would be rolled out post-game.

A pretty good crowd on a freezing Thursday night at Brookie. I think they're sensing a decent end to the season.

Blair

Coach
Manly sealed the win with a try that involved a dodgy ptb from Tom T. The commentators were dead-set certain he should've been pulled up for it.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
They had me a bit edgy there. Especially at six-all, I had no confidence they'd be getting the job done, mostly in attack. Does Dessie use 'buzzwords'? If so, I'm sure 'execution', or lack of, would be rolled out post-game.

A pretty good crowd on a freezing Thursday night at Brookie. I think they're sensing a decent end to the season.

Yeah 1 pass away from another 4-5 tries, Sironen was a bit out because he would have run the lines to finish off some of them

Made me laugh in the commentary now they were saying we still have to prove ourselves in the next few weeks, already have the scalps of Storm, Raiders and souths in the bag

JJ

Immortal
3rd week on the trot we have been ordinary but will bank it and move on

Beating (or competing with) the Storm takes a big tactical, physical, emotional etc effort I reckon... still a hangover from that? Also, now focus on semis, no doubt Hasler has plans?

Credit to the Storm though - they are f**king relentless, they seldom drop in intensity

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Beating (or competing with) the Storm takes a big tactical, physical, emotional etc effort I reckon... still a hangover from that? Also, now focus on semis, no doubt Hasler has plans?

Credit to the Storm though - they are f**king relentless, they seldom drop in intensity

Yeah I’m thinking so, against the knights DCE took an intercept and pulled up halfway through the run with an empty tank. Also maybe a feeling of winding it back a bit for the last 3 games knowing that Raiders, Storm, Eels is a big finish to the regular season

Advantage is Hasler has been here before so knows how to tune them

Latest posts