What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Josh Reynolds for Ash Taylor

BrotherJim05

Bench
Straight swap: Titans pay Ash Taylor's Salary, we continue paying Reynolds. They would need to pay a good 500-600k of Taylor's salary if he went anywhere else, and they aren't going to find a decent half for $500k. Reynolds will bring a positive attitude to the club culture (same way he brought it to Tigers) and if he's fit he will add more value to Titans than Taylor.

Taylor wouldn't be a marquee signing for us, but he would add a lot of value to our team. Firstly, he's a goal-kicker. Secondly, Madge would get the best out of him. Thirdly, he could build a combination with Brooks that could develop into a long term gig (if it works out). $750k (Reynolds salary) isn't outrageous money for a goal kicking half.

gordsy

Juniors
Can Reynolds play 9, thought his shoulders were bad and would he want to? I would tell us to get stuffed and tkae the money playing reggies or go to another club and have us pay the bulk of the money.

Tigerm

First Grade
Can Reynolds play 9, thought his shoulders were bad and would he want to? I would tell us to get stuffed and tkae the money playing reggies or go to another club and have us pay the bulk of the money.
I don't think they can nominate where they want to play, besides what I've heard about the man, he wouldn't.

gordsy

Juniors
I don't think they can nominate where they want to play, besides what I've heard about the man, he wouldn't.
Yeah but if his shoulders arent great and I doubt he would be keen to play a position where he can be injured even more easily and shorten his career either.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Ash Taylor is a supreme talent....no question. But, he does not look NRL fit, has a pisspoor attitude and had a shocking year. Attitude is a major ingredient to success in the NRL.
To swap him with a player with a sensational attitude to the game and worth around the same paypacket would be an insane decision. I would not touch Taylor with a ten foot pole.He need to prove himself again that he has some sort of desire.

Benji Marshall admits there were tears for Robbie Farah when he broke his leg while he is adamant Josh Reynolds must be sent an SOS to solve the Wests Tigers' dummy-half crisis.

Five days after Farah cracked the top of his tibia - and more than likely played his last game in the NRL - replacement rake Jacob Liddle ruptured his ACL and now potentially his MCL.

The Tigers have no other options but to turn to Reynolds, the $800,000-a-season super-sub who has already been told the club will not stand in his way should he land a deal elsewhere.

Reynolds looks set to be pulled out of Sunday's reserve-grade clash and be saved for next Saturday's evening must-win NRL clash against Newcastle at Campbelltown.

Marshall, who spent all summer slugging it out with Reynolds for the vacant No. 6 jersey, has always maintained Reynolds was ''too good for reserve grade'', and told the Herald he would get the job done against the Knights.

It will be just Reynolds' fifth NRL game of the season after hamstring and groin problems have cut short his time in the reggies.

The sight of Reynolds and his energy for the final three rounds will offset some of the pain surrounding Farah, who continues to come to grips with the likelihood he will be denied a final-round Leichhardt Oval swansong.

"He'll tell you we had a bit of a tear last week,'' Marshall said.

If that's his last game you don't want him to go out like that. When I spoke to him I could hear the hurt in his voice and it actually hurt me. It's hard to see your mate like that.

"I didn't want that to be our last game together.

"I know what it would have meant to play in that last game at Leichhardt. The way Robbie was talking in the [Brookvale] sheds, he might still be a chance.

"Grubby will bring lots of energy, experience, and he's someone who is hungry for an opportunity.

"I was hoping he'd get an opportunity against Manly. He warmed up with us. I'm sure he'll get his opportunity.

WA Tiger

Bench
Ash Taylor is a supreme talent....no question. But, he does not look NRL fit, has a pisspoor attitude and had a shocking year. Attitude is a major ingredient to success in the NRL.
To swap him with a player with a sensational attitude to the game and worth around the same paypacket would be an insane decision. I would not touch Taylor with a ten foot pole.He need to prove himself again that he has some sort of desire.
Ash Taylor can have major issues dealing with the whole stress of the game which I have huge sympathy for but we can’t have players taking 6 month off when things get too much for them ..that’s why they want to off load him ..I know some of our players you’d swear were not on the field for some games.. but thats a big risk for what will prob be big money spent again

Last edited: