What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury cup vs Wests

Whino

Bench
Panthers Canterbury Cup coach Guy Missio has finalised his side to face Western Suburbs Magpies at Panthers Stadium.

The Panthers will wear the 2019 Home Jersey and the match will be televised live on 9Gem.

Panthers v Western Suburbs
Panthers Stadium
1.10pm Sunday 18 August

1. Charlie STAINES
2. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
19. Shannon HARRIS
4. Tyrell FUIMAONO
5. Matheson JOHNS
6. Matt BURTON
7. Dean BLORE
8. Sam MCKENDRY
9. Brendan HANDS
10. Kaide ELLIS
11. Billy BURNS
12. Frank WINTERSTEIN
13. Hame SELE

14. Reed IZZARD
15. Nick LUI-TOSO
16. Pat HOLLIS
17. Paea PUA

Fangs

Coach
Burton. Great touch finder and try.

Has he played much fb? Quite rangy. Just thinking if he could fit in the top 17 next year along with Luai.

Fangs

Coach
Sele, Burns, Ellis all look good early.

If we are still serious about playing finals football I'd be dropping RCG for one of these guys. They run a lot harder.

franklin2323

Immortal
Burton. Great touch finder and try.

Has he played much fb? Quite rangy. Just thinking if he could fit in the top 17 next year along with Luai.

He played everywhere but FB is fine. I'd play Luai at 9 or Burton at centre to get it done

Kilkenny

Coach
Did I just hear the commentator say we have used 52 players in CC this year. I knew we had used a lot but 52 astonishing. Three teams of 17 basically.

Fangs

Coach
He played everywhere but FB is fine. I'd play Luai at 9 or Burton at centre to get it done

I'm thinking about 2020. I don't think Luai could play 9. But Burton has the size to play across the park. He would be dangerous from kick returns.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm thinking about 2020. I don't think Luai could play 9. But Burton has the size to play across the park. He would be dangerous from kick returns.

I know it was poor opposition but Luai was good in 9 for Samoa. I'd move Burton but Edwards is actually playing FG standard. So not sure it strengthens the 17 with that

I know it was poor opposition but Luai was good in 9 for Samoa. I'd move Burton but Edwards is actually playing FG standard. So not sure it strengthens the 17 with that

Edwards is playing well at the moment, but he’s susceptible to the crop of youngsters around him.

There’s more to the comparison between Burton & Ponga than just their head gear, similar style of player. Just style at this point, not talent.

Burton honestly looks like he could play every position in the backline.