What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Top 30

Panther Mick

Juniors
I thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye on how our squad will be filled in the coming months.
There is still plenty of time over the coming months to sign players and promote from within but this is the current top 30 for next year. 24 positions have to be filed by November 1. 29 by round 1 next year.

At this stage I have included players that are rumoured to be leaving and when that is official I will update the list.

1. Caleb Aekins
2. Nathan Cleary
3. Dylan Edwards
4. Wayde Egan
5. Kaide Ellis
6. JFH
7. Mitch Kenny
8. Viliame Kikau
9. Spencer Leniu
10. Moses Leota
11. Jerome Luai
12. Josh Mansour
13. Liam Martin
14. Tyrone May
15. Brent Naden
16. James Tamou
17. Brian To'o
18. MWZ
19. Isaah Yeo
20. Api Koroisau
21. Dean Whare
22. Jack Hetherington
23. Jed Cartwright
24. Stephen Crichton
25. Matt Burton

I think its fair to assume Burns, Crichton Shawn Blore and Burton will be promoted to the top squad next year. Daine Laurie might be too but for now I have left him off.

Possible rookies that might get promoted: Daine Laurie, Staines, S Blore, Burns,

According to Zero tackle the following are off contract.
Tyrell Fuimaono, Nick Lui-Toso, Paea Pua, Hame Sele, Frank Winterstein.

NRL.com a few months ago stated Lui-Toso had a mutual option for next season while Sele and Fuimaono had club options.
For the moment I have left them off the top 30 list until it becomes clearer.

Gains: Api Koroisau.

Losses: Maloney, DWZ, Blake.RCG, Katoa,

Some players can play more than 1 position but for now the first preferred positions are.

FB: Edwards, Aekins
Wing: To'o Mansour, MWZ
Centres: Whare, Naden Crichton
Halves Cleary, Luai, Burton, May
Front row and Locks: Tamou, JFH, Leota, Leniu, Hetherington, Ellis
2nd rowers: Kikau, Martin, Yeo, Jed Cartwright
Hookers: Korosiau, Kenny, Egan

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
I thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye on how our squad will be filled in the coming months.
There is still plenty of time over the coming months to sign players and promote from within but this is the current top 30 for next year. 24 positions have to be filed by November 1. 29 by round 1 next year.

At this stage I have included players that are rumoured to be leaving and when that is official I will update the list.

1. Caleb Aekins
2. Nathan Cleary
3. Dylan Edwards
4. Wayde Egan
5. Kaide Ellis
6. JFH
7. Mitch Kenny
8. Viliame Kikau
9. Spencer Leniu
10. Moses Leota
11. Jerome Luai
12. Josh Mansour
13. Liam Martin
14. Tyrone May
15. Brent Naden
16. James Tamou
17. Brian To'o
18. MWZ
19. Isaah Yeo
20. RCG
21. Dean Whare
22. Jack Hetherington
23. Billy Burns
24. Stephen Crichton
25. Matt Burton

I think its fair to assume Burns, Crichton and Burton will be promoted to the top squad next year. Daine Laurie might be too but for now I have left him off..

Jed Cartwright, Tyrell Fuimaono, Sione Katoa, Nick Lui-Toso, Paea Pua, Hame Sele, Frank Winterstein.

According to Blade23 a couple of weeks ago he said Jed was expected to stay.

NRL.com a few months ago stated Lui-Toso had a mutual option for next season while Sele and Fuimaono had club options.
For the moment I have left them off the top 30 list until it becomes clearer.

Gains: TBA

Losses: Maloney, DWZ, Blake.

Some players can play more than 1 position but for positional wise.

FB: Edwards, Aekins
Wing: To'o Mansour, MWZ
Centres: Whare, Naden Crichton
Halves Cleary, Luai, Burton, May
Front row and Locks: Tamou, JFH, Leota, Leniu, RCG, Hetherington, Ellis
2nd rowers: Kikau, Martin, Yeo, Burns,
Hookers: Kenny, Egan

If we have the $$ I'd add Mcinnes. Good hooker wasted in a bad team.

Depends on departures but.
Likley take out Hetherington, RCG and maybe Whare.
Jed likely stays and maybe 2 or 3 rookies in the off season impress to add to the top 30.
Will probably mean 4-5 players to buy elsewhere?

franklin2323

Immortal
Depends on departures but.
Likley take out Hetherington, RCG and maybe Whare.
Jed likely stays and maybe 2 or 3 rookies in the off season impress to add to the top 30.
Will probably mean 4-5 players to buy elsewhere?

Shawn Blore too will be fulltime. Another centre. Half/hooker and done

TheFrog

Coach
Jed Cartwright, Tyrell Fuimaono, Sione Katoa, Nick Lui-Toso, Paea Pua, Hame Sele, Frank Winterstein.
Krystal mentioned in her injury spot last week that Jed would be back for the pre-season. Maybe let the cat out of the bag. I hope they don't give up on him yet.

franklin2323

Immortal
Krystal mentioned in her injury spot last week that Jed would be back for the pre-season. Maybe let the cat out of the bag. I hope they don't give up on him yet.

Those sort of players it is usually the player wanting out to play FG

OldPanther

Coach

She talked about Blake as if he was a Panther up until he left. She'd be under orders.

Panfa

Juniors
Shaun blore will definitely be in the top 30 next yr lui toso has been here for yrs now never had a go he looks gone.Mcgrady looks a talent but 2 reconstructions to his knee has him in doubt for top 30 next yr.With laurie and staines coming through id let go of aekins so to malakai i would much rather see fitzgibbon get a go as a winger.

Panther Mick

Juniors
Shaun blore will definitely be in the top 30 next yr lui toso has been here for yrs now never had a go he looks gone.Mcgrady looks a talent but 2 reconstructions to his knee has him in doubt for top 30 next yr.With laurie and staines coming through id let go of aekins so to malakai i would much rather see fitzgibbon get a go as a winger.

Shawn Blore too will be fulltime. Another centre. Half/hooker and done

Shawn Blore added to the list.

Any more that could push up that i have missed? I have Daine Laurie on the maybe list.

betcats

Referee
Staines I think will be promoted. One more of the outside backs, would've been McGrady but he just done the acl again so maybe not.

The players most in danger of being moved on that are already on the list are probably

RCG
Whare
Aekins
MWZ
Hetherington
Ellis

Latest posts