What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Top 30

Crashtest

Juniors
It's a shame about Ellis.

I agree if true he is leaving. I still he think he would offer more than Leota if he'd been given the same amount of FG games that Loeta has.

Personally, I would keep Ellis and Hetherington and let Loeta go if a choice had to be made. Ellis can be be the workhorse big minute type player if required, and Hetherington is the impact player off the bench we need if he could just get his head right. Where as Leota has neither the stamina to play big minutes, nor provides any impact coming off the bench as an impact player.

Last edited:

Crashtest

Juniors
I was told 2 weeks ago there was a deal for Jed and he would likely re-sign soon.
I hope his lastest injury doesn't change that.

Looks like the deals been done which is good news. The NRL site posted an updated list of each teams signings and rosters, and shows Jed as contracted for 2020.

The only unsigned players for next season shown on it are Fuimaono, Katoa, Lui-Toso, Paea Pua, Sele and Winterstein.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/23/2019-nrl-signings-player-transfers-and-contracts/

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree if true he is leaving. I still he think he would offer more than Leota if he'd been given the same amount of FG games that Loeta has.

Personally, I would keep Ellis and Hetherington and let Loeta go if a choice had to be made. Ellis can be be the workhorse big minute type player if required, and Hetherington is the impact player off the bench we need if he could just get his head right. Where as Leota has neither the stamina to play big minutes, nor provides any impact coming off the bench as an impact player.

Ellis issue is they play him off the bench and he offers zero impact

Crashtest

Juniors
He is better than the fraud RCG..not that it is saying much

Actually statistic wise he isn't. RCG is averaging 102 mpg and 30 tpg this season, Leota is averaging 65 mpg and 21 tpg.

But I get what your saying, RCG is on double Leota's salary so should be producing more.

Although Leota isn't worth his salary and extended deal either.

Panfa

Juniors
Paea pua is the pick of the rest young nuggety front rower runs hard winterstein too old sele has been disappointing fuimaono is in his 2nd stint with us and done nothing.Get rid of katoa whare rcg mansour lui toso winterstein sele fuimaono.Keep burns johns mcgrady laurie staines pua and sign a few 1st graders maybe a winger centre and prop.

martielang

Bench
Sometimes I think I must be watching a different game. Leota has been terrific the last month & solid the rest of the year. Severely underused at times, He’s started to develop an offload & is using his footwork close to the line.

The guys on $150k not $800k, the absolute least of our problems.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Not based on stats, but if his rumoured salary is true, Leota is more value for money.
Wasn’t Leota added to NSW Origin development squad. He has held his spot in both recent coaching regimes. Always liked his attitude and he seems like a genuinely nice bloke. More value than say Hetherington, who is basically like Josh Maguire without the subtlety.

Crashtest

Juniors
Sometimes I think I must be watching a different game. Leota has been terrific the last month & solid the rest of the year. Severely underused at times, He’s started to develop an offload & is using his footwork close to the line.

The guys on $150k not $800k, the absolute least of our problems.

He scored a try a couple of weeks ago that seemed to get a few people excited about his skills, and even blaming Griffin and Cleary for holding back his development. But that try aside, he has been as average as he has ever been. If the last month is an indication of his skill as you mentioned, he has averaged 74 metres and 12 tackles a game over the last 4 games. He is a another junior myth that is not as good as Gould thought he was, and if we signed his upgrade to 2022 on the 350 to 400K deal that was rumoured, then its such a waste of cap space.

Panther Mick

Juniors
Actually statistic wise he isn't. RCG is averaging 102 mpg and 30 tpg this season, Leota is averaging 65 mpg and 21 tpg.

But I get what your saying, RCG is on double Leota's salary so should be producing more.

Although Leota isn't worth his salary and extended deal either.

On those stats what is the average minutes per game for the pair of them?
RCG has started more games this season than Leota from memory and earlier in the year he was playing more minutes than Leota.

I agree with Martie Lang.The last month he has been starting from an eye test he has looked better.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
On those stats what is the average minutes per game for the pair of them?
RCG has started more games this season than Leota from memory and earlier in the year he was playing more minutes than Leota.

I agree with Martie Lang.The last month he has been starting from an eye test he has looked better.

RCG is ave 10 mins more a game and at 1/4 the price Leota holds his own

MugaB

Coach
RCG has started backing into defence, a trick merrin used to do, trouble is its only worth doing that, if you can create the offload before getting tackled, which mezza was good at, RCG just stays down, we need a "Martin Lang" Prop! That he was last year, but since the 2 jaw breaks, he isn't the hungry meter eater he once was, that sparked the side, i wish we keep him and he gets that fire back, but its seems something is mentally affecting him, its been evident this whole season. We could win the comp, if he was doing those barnstorming runs he used to do, its like he found out some secret or hard truth that its not worth doing those barraging runs. And now given up, it was those runs that made him origin worthy

martielang

Bench
He scored a try a couple of weeks ago that seemed to get a few people excited about his skills, and even blaming Griffin and Cleary for holding back his development. But that try aside, he has been as average as he has ever been. If the last month is an indication of his skill as you mentioned, he has averaged 74 metres and 12 tackles a game over the last 4 games. He is a another junior myth that is not as good as Gould thought he was, and if we signed his upgrade to 2022 on the 350 to 400K deal that was rumoured, then its such a waste of cap space.

Where has $350k - $400k been mentioned? Nowhere near that money.

Leota runs hard, uses his footwork late & falls on his front more times then not. He creates quick play the balls consistently. Defensively he's one of the best in our squad & he is continuing to improve rather than regress like other big money players in our team.