What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's Next?

Who do you want to see replace Brown?

• Geoff Toovey

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Adam O'Brien

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Anthony Griffin

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Craig Fitzgibbon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Walters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trent Barrett

• Shaun Wane

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Kristian Woolf

• Garth Brennan

• Jason Ryles

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Shane Flanagan

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Knight Vision

First Grade
3 - Brown couldn't find a hooker, that much is true and is a really valid criticism of his recruitment. Most of our bad recruitment decisions revolve around this position. Having said that - Brailey is a good pickup.
this is very true but having said that Brown also didnt run out and sign just any players he kept the powder dry and waited for the right ones came onto the market for the right price and filled in with short term cheap solutions in the meantime.- perhaps it was just a matter of timing.

Knight76

Juniors
Brown found several hookers, kostjacyn didnt even get on the field for us and Griffin was going ok in the role but blew his knee out.

Either of those worked out for us and he had hooker solved, interchange with levi or Watson.

Its 5/8 that was the biggest thorn in his side.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Its 5/8 that was the biggest thorn in his side.
very true, given the nature of our half back it's crucial. I really do believe the side will come alive with a good sidekick for Pearce.

Where do we find one and do we have the money to afford them?

Knight Vision

First Grade
Not seen anything to suggest he is ready.
So Lino is the best option we have at the moment ? If so that means we need to recruit someone.

Crossland seemed to have some class in the highlights I've seen of him. Good short kicking game and passing game.

slotmachine

First Grade
He's playing in a team coming second last but guys like Hodko and Lamb dominated that level. He's not dominating.

The difference between Lino's best and worst is an issue. If he was somewhere near his best every game without a doubt the best option. Gun goalkicker too obviously.

No money for a 5/8 next year apparently. Watson and Lino are off contract though so the new guy might go shopping for 2021 if Crossland or someone else doesn't come through.

Crossland seemed to have some class in the highlights I've seen of him.

Everyone looks good in the highlights.

mozza91

Coach
Hoy is a better player than Crossland imo. He’s going to be a First Grader.

What position he’ll play I’m not so sure about.

Woosh

Head Moderator
9 saying that Fitzgibbon has ruled himself out.
Pearce reckons his Mrs thinks she knows enough to get the job.
Apology for just a Facebook link.

Who else reckons Whoosh might really be Pearce's Mrs?

Interesting Ponga was happy when he heard the news Brown was sacked.
Must have been a pretty good thick shake.
Nathan Ross on Triple M also said Browny wasn’t good man manager and the only good thing he did for the club was recruit a couple of big names.
It’s hard to argue that tbch.

Knight76

Juniors
Sounds like two very strong contenders applying for the role. O'Brien and Wane.

Reading those articles I'd be happy with either.

Spot On

Coach
Whole heartedly disagree.
I wouldn't be disheartened at all to see
6. Crossland
7. Pearce
In round 1.
And I'd suggest it's not unlikely either.

With a new coach, it is quite possible (maybe likely) players will be selected to play in a position - and actually play in that position for a while.