What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking News - Nathan Brown to depart Knights at seasons end

mozza91

Coach
My apologies it wasn’t official.

People were asking questions about it on the team talk thing on Facebook and the Knights kept responding that it’s only rumours and that Herman has been outspoken that he is committed to the club in 2020

Jono078

Referee
I pretty much echo the thoughts of most here.

I will look back on Brown's time and be thankful of the hard work he put in to completely rebuild us and put us in a position where we could see success on the horizon.

I always felt he wouldn't be the guy to take us to the promise land so I think this is good timing and really sets up for an exciting couple of years ahead.

This next coach hiring is going to be one of our most important. Whoever we get is either taking us to the next level or has the potential to reset everything again for us, which would be torture.

Good luck to Brownie, he himself deserves some success for what he's had to do over the last few years as well.

I’m hoping and I think Wests will be in the ears of players who we want but might be considering a ship jump with Brown going and that they will see that we push forward without a new reshuffle.

ram raid

Bench
Looking through the window I think Brown did a great job. Yes there were wooden spoons but what else did you expect with that Roster? There is a reason it was called a /rebuild'. Brown can be credited for two things:

1) Recruitment. There was a period there when Newcastle was one of those clubs no player wanted to go to. He's managed to get some stars there now and they are on the up and up. Signing Ponga surely will go down as the greatest signing in history. When Pearce left the Roosters there were a few clubs with ostensibly better prospects (Manly, Cronulla) but he chose Newcastle.

2) He didn't let the losing becoming a habit. There's a propensity for losing to become culture. The Titans are an example;. They signed all sorts of stars but the constant losing rotted away the clubs culture. Not so with Newcastle. Brown [patiently and strategically rebuilt the club and morale never seemed to be a problem.

Still Nutty

Juniors
https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2019/08/21/watch-gardners-praise-for-brown/

Nice touch from Phil Gardner to precede Brown in the press conference with what I think the majority of those who support Newcastle would agree with, about the character, professionalism and selflessness that Brownie has always displayed in word and deed.

Like many here, I think Brown has been the person we have needed here for 3 out of the last 4 years - I would like to be able to say 4 out of 4 but the next phase for the club and this team, it needs something different to take that next step - the class to recognise that, put your hand up with dignity and say so speaks volumes for the person he is.

I truly wish him all the best and I actually think he would make a great head of football at some club that needs that type of operator.

Thanks Brownie - as much as this year has not lived up to expectations, you gave it a shot and you will be remembered well for all the good you have done for this team and this club

...and I like his candour in the presser as well - particularly re Bennett

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...a/news-story/89fa83798607a2b55395033ff55ea960

Last edited:

Woosh

Head Moderator
Shithouse, but you're an absolute soft c**k for hiding from that post until it suited you, lol.

You'll hide again, too.

Awww you blew your load early when Sione was up against a 114kg forward.

How is he going this week? LOL

Alex28

Coach
Is there any truth to the Pezet/Moses plan to arsehole Brown out and get O’Brien in?

I can’t believe that Gardner is letting it happen.

Latest posts