What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Price coached Warrington win Challenge Cup

grouch

First Grade
Hey Paul McGregor... the coach you usurped just lifted the Challenge Cup trophy in front of Prince Harry in a packed Wembley Stadium, to the roars of a Warrington fan base who adores him. Sounds cool huh? You should go give it a try! What a beautiful existence, compared to the constant stress and pressure of losing all the time in empty grounds full of fans who can't stand the sight of your stupid ugly head.

Go on, quit. Go live la dolce vita on Europe's doorstep. Northern England can't be as bleak as Dapto, surely. I bet they have a dog track or two.

18to87

First Grade
Ps congrats to Steve Price
I am happy for the guy. Took his chops and went and did another apprenticeship with the Scum and is progressing in his career. You are correct that McGregor should follow in his footsteps if he serious about coaching. With all McGregor's friends in the media, he could get another NRL gig in 7-8 years with some success elsewhere.

St Georgio

Juniors
There you have It, a Rookie doing an apprenticeship with us for 2 years gets sacked because he is a total novice, then goes to the Sharks as an assistant under Flanno, now is finding his feet in the U.K, So once S Price spends a few more years, you closer monitor his success, then you make the Choice whether or not he should be given a go, but No our club never learns, they just appoint Novices from the Beginning!

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
There you go again, a Rookie doing an apprenticeship with us for 2 years gets sacked because he is a total novice, then goes to the Sharks as an assistant under Flanno, now is finding his feet in the U.K, So once S Price spends a few more years, you closer monitor his success, then you make the Choice whether or not he should be given a go, but No our club never learns, they just appoint Novices from the Beginning!
Our Club is totally F**KED.....

grouch

First Grade
There you go again, a Rookie doing an apprenticeship with us for 2 years gets sacked because he is a total novice, then goes to the Sharks as an assistant under Flanno, now is finding his feet in the U.K, So once S Price spends a few more years, you closer monitor his success, then you make the Choice whether or not he should be given a go, but No our club never learns, they just appoint Novices from the Beginning!
We are obviously a fabulous training environment for Superleague coaches. Doing a great service for the English game

BLM01

First Grade
Says a lot about current Super League coaches.......and Holbrook out done again by Price

Dragons22

Juniors
Congratulations to him. Very happy for him.
In all fairness the bloke had a pretty poor roster when he was at Saints.
He was asssitant when Cronulla won in 2016.
The post Wayne failure occurred as it usually does at most clubs. Taking over from Wayne is never easy. In fact he never lost a game against Wayne when he was coaching.
2012 9th
2013 14th
2014 he got sacked after Round 10
He only had two years. And in 2014 he had to deal with Mary as an assistant.
There was never a game he coached that the side conceded 40+ points. The highest was 39.
Yet McDipshit has occurred numerous 40 point hammerings.
2014 Round 26 40-10
2016 Round 24 42-6
2018 Round 17 52-30
2018 Round 22 40-4
I’ll also throw in 38-0 against Dogs last year

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Price is a better coach than Mary.

Congrats to Steve Price but better than Mary? Maybe now but he wasn't back then. Utterly clueless when it came to strategy, tactics or man management. I well remember his cringeworthy press conferences which make McGregor appear erudite and refined in comparison.

Pretty sure Millward won a comp in England as well. Success there doesn't necessarily translate to success here.

skysports-steve-price-rugby-league_4754747.jpg

Good onya Steve.

Nice comeback story.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Mary is better than Price, he instantly turned us around after Price was sacked. Price didn’t get along with Soward and dropped him and basically sacked him. Soward then went on to almost single handedly get an injury ridden Penrith deep into the finals. Brown also won a GF over there, it’s obviously a lot lower level competition.
Mary is just out of ideas and has lost the dressing room as had Price and as you say he should fall on his sword before his reputation takes a further hit.

BLM01

First Grade
Mary is a worse coach than Price.
Mary is leading us to the worst finish in living memory.
2nd last
True but under Price we also had a year where we only won 7 games out of 24.
We will likely beat the Titans to be 8 out of 24..so Price has the worse record

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
You guys have a short memory, i understand Mary is public enemy number 1 right now but that doesn’t mean there can’t be some perspective to the argument. Forums were all over Price when he was coach, and I even seen a few Hail Mary posts when he got appointed and strung some wins together to end the season. Besides this season Mary has been better than Price, Widdop has been out all year, JDB has been out all year. Frizell has been injured and in and out. Sims has been playing injured all year. You take Jake Turbo and DCE out of Manly and see how many games they win.. I’m in no way defending Mary but don’t all of a sudden think that chinless idiot is all of a sudden Bellamy.
My main issue with Mary is the rumblings of players wanting out, and that Inverview with Mary and Brett Morris when he left to go to the bulldogs will forever haunt me.

grouch

First Grade
Mary is better than Price, he instantly turned us around after Price was sacked. Price didn’t get along with Soward and dropped him and basically sacked him. Soward then went on to almost single handedly get an injury ridden Penrith deep into the finals. Brown also won a GF over there, it’s obviously a lot lower level competition.
Mary is just out of ideas and has lost the dressing room as had Price and as you say he should fall on his sword before his reputation takes a further hit.
Stop calling him Mary.

When Price was sacked we were in 11th. McGregor turned us around and we finished... 11th. Price had halves like Chase Stanley and Nathan Fien and we never ended up as low as 15th. McGregor has internationals in those positions. He is objectively worse than Price