What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R23 Sun - Storm 24-8 Titans @ AAMI

Round 23: Storm v Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mave

Coach
I’m not against the stripping rule at all.

But they do make a good point about the tackle completion and how many times we’ve seen players on the ground still stripped.

Wouldn’t allow a pass from the ground would claim tackle was completed, but allow the strip.

Consistent application of the rules is over-rated.

Grapple

Bench
Storm are such a weird team.
How many times do they come out at home in the first half in a sort of shambles only to suddenly switch it on in the second 40?

Also, score anytime you like Hughes...

This Year?

Immortal
I’m not against the stripping rule at all.

But they do make a good point about the tackle completion and how many times we’ve seen players on the ground still stripped.

Wouldn’t allow a pass from the ground would claim tackle was completed, but allow the strip.
My understanding is a tackle is completed when the arm carrying the ball has touched the ground. I'm fairly certain Rein's arm that was carrying the ball touched the ground before the ball was reefed from his grasp.

King hit

Coach
We bag Gasnier and Hodges a lot for their shithouse commentary but McKinnon is also useless. Just has a job out of sympathy

Front-Rower

First Grade
My understanding is a tackle is completed when the arm carrying the ball has touched the ground. I'm fairly certain Rein's arm that was carrying the ball touched the ground before the ball was reefed from his grasp.

In this case the he started to strip the ball when the other player was still in the tackle. One on one should mean one on one. Not, let’s start players reefing at the ball with multiple players in the tackle then drop off once the stripper has hold of the ball.