What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
Somebody should get him a supply of Garlo's pies or a mega voucher for Hungry Jacks.
I read somewhere he had a license to smash down burgers and thick shakes..he wiil be right. Id still want a 103-104kg Fergo regardless. His leadership, influence and ability to make something from nothing is invaluable and needed more than ever now.

Incorrect

Coach
I don't have anything on this, other than the fact that when I saw him at the game on Thursday night we was looking really, really light - I would say he is still about 3-4kgs off being back anywhere near his playing weight.
Cheers... And I'd been thinking, given the amount of weight he's reportedly lost, it will not be easy to come back from a) a long lay off, and b) anywhere up to 4 or 5 kg's lighter than his optimum playing weight.

It's a tough one, do you want him to run around a couple of times before finals even if he's still getting back in to shape? Or do you want him at his peak and keep him on ice until week 1 of the finals? IMO, he's a big game player and knows what's required. I wouldn't rush him back....

Eelogical

Referee
If he's on ice he'll struggle to put any weight on.
Disney-on-Ice.jpg

Soto

Bench
I reckon there are offers on the table for Taka, Mennings, Stefano and Gower. That would make 22.
Add Stone, Parry and Dunster to that and we reach 25.

There would another 3 or 4 players externally we would be talking to for sure, such as RCG, Fifita, and the other 2 I am not going to mention. If we get 1 or 2 of those, we are probably looking at having 27 on the roster in the next few weeks/month (keeping in mind a lot of announcements aren't made until after the season ends for each club).
Blokes id be making enquiries about as well would include ( a few not so obvious ):
Curtis Scott..if landed see ya MJ. Plus can play fullback
Jack Gosiewski - i like his toughness and can definitely hit a hole
Danny Levi - tough bugger and learning how to run more from dummy half..would be a nice rotation with Mahoney
We need 1 or 2 props, 1 backrower, 1 more outside back.
Id be super excited if we landed RCG/Jai Arrow, David Fifita and Curtis Scott.
We would be set..

Gazzamatta

Coach
Curtis Scott or Kelly from the Tits would be good. I really think we lack genuine speed especially without Fergo.
Id say Moses would be our fastest but id like to see how quick Drown is.

Soto

Bench
Curtis Scott or Kelly from the Tits would be good. I really think we lack genuine speed especially without Fergo.
Id say Moses would be our fastest but id like to see how quick Drown is.
Curtis Scott is a much better player than Kelly. You are right though about our pace or lack thereof. I think Drown is very quick. Remember reading how he ran down bevan French in a training match in the off season..
Just need to continue to strengthen.
If we don't sign a right backrower id be giving Andrew Davey a crack. From the Wenty games ive seen ive been impressed..good size, agility, build and pace for a backrower

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
I do not see the harm in giving Stefano a run.
Tepai seems to have lost interest. Unsure he deserves a other shot in NRL. I'd prefer Tim,Terepo and Stone then what he has been dishing up.

Gronk

Staff member
I do not see the harm in giving Stefano a run.
Tepai seems to have lost interest. Unsure he deserves a other shot in NRL. I'd prefer Tim,Terepo and Stone then what he has been dishing up.
Stefano must be close. He warmed up with the squad on Bankwest on Thursday night.

Still just 18. Let’s not get impatient.

Latest posts