What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Nuke

Staff member
As I posted in the 2019 equivalent thread a couple of weeks ago, I have the 2019/20 ISC catalogue (as I'm involved in my local team and do the ordering of on-and-off field clothing), and while the catalogue doesn't have supporter-wear from professional clubs, it does have the logos of all professional leagues and clubs that ISC are the provider for, and the one that I noticed, as a Newcastle supporter, is that the Knights logo was not amongst them. Thus, I'd say it is safe to presume Newcastle are going to have their gear made from someone else in 2020.

As I posted in the 2019 equivalent thread a couple of weeks ago, I have the 2019/20 ISC catalogue (as I'm involved in my local team and do the ordering of on-and-off field clothing), and while the catalogue doesn't have supporter-wear from professional clubs, it does have the logos of all professional leagues and clubs that ISC are the provider for, and the one that I noticed, as a Newcastle supporter, is that the Knights logo was not amongst them. Thus, I'd say it is safe to presume Newcastle are going to have their gear made from someone else in 2020.
Are the collars still the same? While not perfect they look as close to the classic V neck as we'll probably get.

sempmrh

Juniors
Thus, I'd say it is safe to presume Newcastle are going to have their gear made from someone else in 2020.

If I remember correctly, Newcastle will be with O'Neills - Penrith too. I also remember reading somewhere that the Sharks would be with Dynasty but I don't know how reliable that source was. Manly are leaving ISC but unsure of who they'll be with - supposedly it's a brand new to the NRL.

I suspect National Storage will be Storm's new front of jersey sponsor in 2020. No source on this and it's purely a hunch on my part but they now have pretty big representation in Storm's sheds at AAMI Park. Their logo is the biggest on the sponsor boards (bigger than even Purple Bricks) and their logo is now also on each player's individual locker. I remember when the club announced that National Storage would be joining the club in a small role for 2019, club staff were congratulating each other about the deal on Twitter. Seems odd that they'd be doing that unless it's a temporary small role now to see out 2019 with a major partnership lined up for next year.

TDD91

Juniors
Could see it possibly being Hummel for Manly? They're trying to get into the sport and have snapped up England/GB & Wigan already.

beave

Coach
Could see it possibly being Hummel for Manly? They're trying to get into the sport and have snapped up England/GB & Wigan already.

hummel did NQ’s jerseys for a few years in the mid 2ks, the quality wasn’t bad, they were just recycling a previous design though made by Emu Sportswear.

GAZF

First Grade
hummel did NQ’s jerseys for a few years in the mid 2ks, the quality wasn’t bad, they were just recycling a previous design though made by Emu Sportswear.
Hummel was responsible for this though:
north-queensland-cowboys-home-shirt-2008-s_3033_1.jpg

yakstorm

First Grade
This one, which they also did, wasn't too bad:
bowenm-907312012-q.jpg

They kept these ones going for longer than they should have though...
keyframedownloadcontroller

sempmrh

Juniors
I reckon Manly will be with Paladin - a) because they've been signing up teams across a few codes and b) they're based right around the corner from Brookvale Oval.

sempmrh

Juniors
Jerseys I want to see in 2020:
1. Cowboys in their 1995 design
2. Broncos in the 1994 "diamonds" strip
3. Titans in a 1988 GC Giants-inspired strip but with the two shades of blue instead of black and grey
I'm surprised the Broncos haven't brought back the diamonds jersey - other than that alternate from a few years back. It's the perfect away jersey for them. Sure, it's ugly but it's the good kind of ugly - the kind they should embrace and be proud of. It has character.

I would like to see the Titans do a home colours version of their current striped away jersey. It's a good, modern take on a traditional style.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So judging by that and other info available:

Broncos - ISC (2017-2020)
Raiders - ISC
Bulldogs - Classic (2019-2022)
Sharks - x-Blades?
Titans - Dynasty (2019-2021)
Sea Eagles - TBC (ISC deal ended 2019)
Storm - ISC (2017-2021)
Knights - TBC (ISC deal ended 2019)
Cowboys - ISC
Eels - ISC (2018- )
Panthers - Classic (2018-2020)
Dragons - xBlades?
Rabbitohs - ISC
Roosters - ISC
Warriors - Canterbury (til 2021)
Wests Tigers - ISC (2015-2019, no extension announced but appear in catalogue)

sempmrh

Juniors
With paladin being locally based in Brookvale and Jamie Lyon working for them, they may be the new supplier for manly.

http://www.paladinsports.com.au/component/zoo/meet-the-team-jaime-lyon?Itemid=140
I wasn't aware of the Jamie Lyon link when I posted above so Paladin makes even more sense now. They signed a deal with Wellington Phoenix in the A-League so they're making moves - this would probably become their highest profile partnership and the one that would get them some decent exposure.

sempmrh

Juniors
Received a Storm marketing email earlier. That’s not unusual - they send them from time to time on behalf of club sponsors. What makes this one unusual is that it came from ‘our partners at NIB’. We have no existing association with NIB which leads me to speculate that they might be the ones taking over as major partner. What strengthens this for me is that the Knights’ partnership with them should be expiring at the end of this season.

Here’s the web-based version of the email: http://nibcampaign.com.au/storm-2019/

kdalymc

Bench
Received a Storm marketing email earlier. That’s not unusual - they send them from time to time on behalf of club sponsors. What makes this one unusual is that it came from ‘our partners at NIB’. We have no existing association with NIB which leads me to speculate that they might be the ones taking over as major partner. What strengthens this for me is that the Knights’ partnership with them should be expiring at the end of this season.

Here’s the web-based version of the email: http://nibcampaign.com.au/storm-2019/
Just as the storm get a non intrusive sponsor, they go back to a big box. Great