What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

ryana87

Juniors
Joey suggest knights should enquire to see if bulldogs want to offload foran

I'm a fan, he's injury prone, but still would be a good pick up

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Foran can barely get onto the field these days. Considering our luck with players who have a history with injury I can’t see any value there.

Yosh

Coach
Joey suggest knights should enquire to see if bulldogs want to offload foran

I'm a fan, he's injury prone, but still would be a good pick up

I used to be a HUGE fan of Foran. However, he never gets on the field these days. Probably could use a long rest but his luck surely has to turn around.

Can we get him cheap?

aqua_duck

Coach
Really?

He wouldn't be able to command as much these days but we'd have a bit.. Buhrer, Levi, Gavet, Ese'ese, Ramien.

Don't think we have any cap issues for next season.
He's reportedly on $1.2 mil a year, best case scenario is dogs pay $400k of that we're still forking out $800k, Ese'ese is probably the highest paid of that lot on about $400k, even if we get rid of those 5 contracts we'd need to replace them with 4 minimum wagers @$100k a pop, then there's the likely upgrade for Hymel Hunt.

Really?

He wouldn't be able to command as much these days but we'd have a bit.. Buhrer, Levi, Gavet, Ese'ese, Ramien.

Don't think we have any cap issues for next season.
We've got Brailey and a forward coming. Might not be much but soaks up a bit.
Then there's the upgrades we need to consider for next year and beyond.
Ese'ese had said he wants to stay.

ryana87

Juniors
He's reportedly on $1.2 mil a year, best case scenario is dogs pay $400k of that we're still forking out $800k, Ese'ese is probably the highest paid of that lot on about $400k, even if we get rid of those 5 contracts we'd need to replace them with 4 minimum wagers @$100k a pop, then there's the likely upgrade for Hymel Hunt.

Woah Woah Woah, slow down.... 1.2 a year!??..... No way he is on that much, surely

slotmachine

First Grade
Don't know about $1.2m but all the talk was if he wasn't on a million, it was pretty close.

Good money for 10 games a year.

Yosh

Coach
So a club will still need to fork out 700k for the year... That's heafty. Sure he is only worth 400k max a year now.

Knight Vision

First Grade
So a club will still need to fork out 700k for the year... That's heafty. Sure he is only worth 400k max a year now.
wouldnt be any more than that. The doggies have dug themselves a huge hole there.

Wasnt it Hasler who signed him to that coin?

aqua_duck

Coach
wouldnt be any more than that. The doggies have dug themselves a huge hole there.

Wasnt it Hasler who signed him to that coin?
Yep. That $500k figure was floated around when they were going terribly and he was on the sidelines, since then they've gone on a winning streak with him playing some good football.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Tevita has already told Knights officials he has no interest coming back home
So we can scratch him off the list.

I’m telling you we should go after Fifta.
Andrew Voss wrote in his column last year that young Fifta is the best schoolboy forward he has watched in his 20+ years of calling the competition.
We don’t want to take a punt on that?
We got rocks in our heads if we don’t chase him.
Sign them while they are still relatively cheap.

Who’s this Fifta fella mate?

Old dog

Juniors
Don’t know how the players are going but I’m finding all this coach and his offsiders a bit distracting, bring on the football

Zoidberg

First Grade
Rumours about Brodie Croft being on the out from the Storm, wonder if we’re looking at him? Partner Pearce in the halves.

Latest posts