What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Yosh

Coach
He plays back row? I don't mind throwing some money at him. 800k is the new 500k. Is he one of the 4-5 best edge forwards in the game? Surely worth the 800k then.

Bartwah

Juniors
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/...-launch-bid-to-re-sign-jesse-ramien/?cs=14220
A new upgraded 4 year deal for a bloke that didn’t want to be here. I’d rather throw the money at hunt who actually looks like he’s interested. Why the hell is Gardner making these decisions? Where’s Brian Canavan in all of this? Isn’t he supposed to be Football Director? And surely they wait until whoever our new coach is to take charge before making major recruitment decisions

Woosh

Head Moderator
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/...-launch-bid-to-re-sign-jesse-ramien/?cs=14220
A new upgraded 4 year deal for a bloke that didn’t want to be here. I’d rather throw the money at hunt who actually looks like he’s interested. Why the hell is Gardner making these decisions? Where’s Brian Canavan in all of this? Isn’t he supposed to be Football Director? And surely they wait until whoever our new coach is to take charge before making major recruitment decisions

Hehehe Gardner is looking at Michael Hagan to help O’Brien out

Seage

Juniors
Upgrading and extending a bloke who underperformed and whinged about a contract he signed, then looking to bring Michael Hagan to help a rookie coach who's spent a decade working for actual successful coaches. Phil Gardner has lost his marbles.

Yosh

Coach
In a vacuum yes but we don't need another middle.

If the Hagan rumours are true I'll be gobsmacked. Hagan was one of the main reasons why the rebuild was so hard due to his disastrous recruitment and retention as well as the deterioration of the culture under his watch

We don't need good recruiting because our team is awesome. Hagan took a good team to a win so perhaps he can be of some help?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Has the club gone completely mad? Why would we think about bringing Ramien back less than 2 months after giving him his marching orders?

The guy turned up here with a shit attitude and then took that shit attitude onto the field with him and has been outplayed all year by Hymel Hunt who was signed here as a depth player. In fact I would even argue that Sione has been more reliable as a part time centre than Ramien, at least he can catch the ball.

Wasn’t it reported that the senior players agreed with the decision to let him walk and even commended Brown for it? So why would they welcome him back after that?

Also the fact that we’re supposedly now willing to upgrade and extend him is beyond a joke. I wonder how other players in the squad would feel about that, especially those who put their best effort in every week on the training paddock and on the field.

Same thing goes for possibly bringing back Michael Hagan. He is one of the reasons that we’ve been largely irrelevant over the last decade.

I hope that I’m wrong but I’m really starting to feel like in a few short weeks we’ve managed to undo all the hard work that went into rebuilding this club over the last 4 years. As a fan I feel really drained, I’m so sick of supporting an organisation that constantly shoots itself in the foot.

Latest posts