What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jesse Ramien

imasharkie

Coach
Homecoming for Ramien?

Where has Jesse Ramien signed?

That's the big question doing the rounds among NRL clubs given he has knocked back Canterbury and North Queensland.

Ramien has also rejected any talk of returning to Newcastle following the departure of Nathan Brown.

The smart money is on Cronulla, where he played his best football in 2018.

St George-Illawarra is the other chance if they release Euan Aitken.

Anyone got any idea on this?

King Ben

Juniors
SMH says otherwise
Ramien’s future remains unclear after he knocked back offers from Cronulla and North Queensland. While Cronulla are hopeful of tempting Ramien back to the Shire, the interest from Newcastle could result in an altogether different return.

taipan

Referee
Show us the money. Surely we are screwed with our reduced cap?

But if Danny Weidler offers the famous quote"Im hearing",you can bet it's a done deal.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Matty Prior + Capes = Jesse + cap fine.

Lets say it was as easy as that.

30 players minus 2 = 28 right

+ Ramien plus cap fine = 29 players

Still gotta find money for player number 30 cause you gotta have 30 by June.

Plus I am sure there will be others due upgrades and/or others we probably have to pay more for. I don't think Canterbury/Tigers will be kicking in as much for Woods for example. Tigers might be finished with the by now anyway. Another possible example. Nikora played Test footy. Will need an upgrade. We need a backup hooker as well because if it seriously gonna be Mr McGoo the weekly hard kari thread will be the greatest bloodbath on earth

Not saying we won't get Ramien but it is very convoluted.

Our cap is a clusterphuque. Like Canterbury's. Like Manly's.

The recovery is slow

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Gallen leaves surely we have money to cover one decent player, I know he took less than could have elsewhere, but surely one player can be covered.

What am I missing?

Paying Noodles as much as Gallen.

I guess wages do keep going up.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Replaced by who though? Trindall is the kid on the radar but he'd only be a building block.

I suppose we could cough up $40 for Croft when Melbourne give him the arse but he's a bum. If Ash Taylor left the Tits and we could get him he'd cost more than Chad.

Other halves listed off contract are Fa'amanu Brown, Cade Cust, Tyson Gamble, Ata Hingano, Trent Hodkinson, Ryley Jacks, Darren Nicholls, Billy Walters, Sam Williams.

Nothing there better than Chad either

Sorry txta2, you're stuck with Chad. Won't be going anywhere

Frenzy.

Immortal
Gallen leaves surely we have money to cover one decent player, I know he took less than could have elsewhere, but surely one player can be covered.

What am I missing?

Paying Noodles as much as Gallen.

I guess wages do keep going up.

Maybe, but define decent and define what decent is worth these days. Ramien is decent and I can't see us getting him for less than $400, $450 or even $500k.

Remember clubs are not allowed to backend contracts without permission anymore.

Special K

Coach
Replaced by who though? Trindall is the kid on the radar but he'd only be a building block.

I suppose we could cough up $40 for Croft when Melbourne give him the arse but he's a bum. If Ash Taylor left the Tits and we could get him he'd cost more than Chad.

Other halves listed off contract are Fa'amanu Brown, Cade Cust, Tyson Gamble, Ata Hingano, Trent Hodkinson, Ryley Jacks, Darren Nicholls, Billy Walters, Sam Williams.

Nothing there better than Chad either

Sorry txta2, you're stuck with Chad. Won't be going anywhere
I reckon we would get Taylor for the same price we are paying Chad. Chad isn’t cheap anymore

snout

First Grade
Surely we could sell Dimdick to the local post office to lick stamps.

Jai arrow coming as well.
So ramien and arrow.

Somebodies are making way.
These 2 are sharks style players so makes sense to move a couple on who arent.

Moyza obviously one.
B2.

Need to shore up the 9 with a tough old head who has 80 minutes. Tackle and kick and whatnot.
Mccullogh.
2 years.