What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: Parra v Broncos LIVE GAME DAY thread 30/8/19

hindy111

Post Whore
It appears we are more careful with recruitment these days. Mennings has been saying he wanted to finalise his deal for weeks. Gower has said he will play elsewhere if not wanted at Parra. Taka remains unsigned. Im hopeful we are seriously considering these guys Eels futures. Like I believe we need new voices in our coaching I strongly believe new players can invigorate a team. Just have to get it right. Sadly some of our players dont hate losing as much as they should.

We need a prop and a 2nd rower. MJ or Taka would be a fine option for centre. Salmon and Parry are 2 others. The backlines good enough.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yes, yes it was.
We missed you at Chardons but we came up with a replacement.

CBDayone%20084.jpg

Happy MEel

First Grade
Cleary offered more in his first season. Cleary hasn't improved a whole stack but still takes some control.
I reckon D.Brown will improve heaps but I am not sure at present he is a great option. I think Salmon looked better, especialy his last 2 games. Started to look the part.
They actually have similar stats. Keeping in mind Cleary played 15 games in 2016 and Drown has played 11, Cleary gets the nod for try assists (8 vs 3) and tries (3 vs 2), but Drown has more forced drop outs (7 vs 5), a slightly better tackle efficiency and more avg running metres (76.06 vs 59.88).

Noise

Coach
It appears we are more careful with recruitment these days. Mennings has been saying he wanted to finalise his deal for weeks. Gower has said he will play elsewhere if not wanted at Parra. Taka remains unsigned. Im hopeful we are seriously considering these guys Eels futures. Like I believe we need new voices in our coaching I strongly believe new players can invigorate a team. Just have to get it right. Sadly some of our players dont hate losing as much as they should.
I reckon we are going to end up with both Taka and Jennings next year. Taka offers a bit of versatility but Jennings is done.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This so called poor broncos side also defeated a fairly full strength manly and roosters side at home this year.....

They have been pretty competitive most weeks.
They beat Manly in magic round when they had no DCE or Tommy Turbo. They also lost 2 or 3 that night and had no one left on there bench. The Broncos have SFA but hard running. It more than enough for us.

Edit meant Tommy T.

Avenger

Immortal
I couldn't care if none of those were re-signed.

Noise

Coach
They beat Manly in magic round when they had no DCE or Jake Turbo. They also lost 2 or 3 that night and had no one left on there bench. The Broncos have SFA but hard running. It more than enough for us.
Manly were also without Dylan walker. They had Jake T but not Tommy T. They were nowhere near full strength.

Gazzamatta

Coach
We need a prop and a 2nd rower. MJ or Taka would be a fine option for centre. Salmon and Parry are 2 others. The backlines good enough.
Needs more speed mate. Fergo, Drown, Moses and Waka are fine. Sivo, Mennings and Gutho are slow as.

hindy111

Post Whore
MJ and Taka will be ok signings. Gower would be a wasted spot.
The first 2 can be in top 17 but if forced out due to other players form then so be it.
2yrs for Taka and 1 for MJ.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Much younger? Are you talking about Drown and Salmon? Isn’t drown 19 and Salmon 20?
Good point. There’s not much between them. However I reckon Drown has a higher ceiling. Salmon is good in broken play but Drown looks more creative and I think his defence is better.

Drown needs to inject himself into the game more So he’s not just getting the ball in attacking raids. He needs to get a feel for the game and get more touches in general play so he fees more comfortable executing when we need him to.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
They actually have similar stats. Keeping in mind Cleary played 15 games in 2016 and Drown has played 11, Cleary gets the nod for try assists (8 vs 3) and tries (3 vs 2), but Drown has more forced drop outs (7 vs 5), a slightly better tackle efficiency and more avg running metres (76.06 vs 59.88).

Additionally, I am guessing Cleary didn’t debut then have to sit out 10 or so weeks and be limited in what training can be done.

Pretty difficult to do that, especially in your rookie year at 19 after 3 games (he was actually 18 when the injury occurred)

That loss was a killer and another game we should have won. Again we lost that game due to our first half performance similar to last week. Just dropped off in the second period in first half. Second half we started playing and we out scored the broncos 3 tries to 2. It’s a shit loss and refs didn’t do us any favours in the first half

Latest posts