What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Yosh

Coach
Isn't 180k the minimum contract these days? I hope he stays. I'd rather keep Hunt than SKD. I'm quite a bug SKD fan but he too slow now. Probably even slower next year

Sushemi

Juniors
I'd say very unlikely for Levi, maybe for Ese'ese.

If Newcastle lose Ese'ese to get Arrow I'd be freakin' filthy. It's about time Newcastle used Herman as the wrecking machine he is. The dude should be playing #13 for big minutes, imo.

perverse

Referee
If Newcastle lose Ese'ese to get Arrow I'd be freakin' filthy. It's about time Newcastle used Herman as the wrecking machine he is. The dude should be playing #13 for big minutes, imo.
His dad died at the start of the year and he has defended horribly when given chances at times. At his best, there's no doubt he's a weapon... but this year was not his year by a long shot. we've seen very few glimpses of his best footy.

You'll get plenty who will agree with you that he's been dudded, but I think Herman needs to write the year off and start fresh. I don't think anyone with a straight face could claim he's been anywhere near the player he was last year.

I'm his biggest fan when he's playing at his best, though.

Sushemi

Juniors
If he could tackle he probably would be.
I understand there's been some issues in defence and that stats don't indicate some of the crucial tackles missed. DSaf, Barney and Josh King all have similar (or worse) 'tackling efficiencies' according to NRL stats. I just think we are a better side with Herman on the park for more than 30 mins.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Isn't 180k the minimum contract these days? I hope he stays. I'd rather keep Hunt than SKD. I'm quite a bug SKD fan but he too slow now. Probably even slower next year
I was under the impression that the minimum was was around the 100K mark.

When you have a team with high earning players such as Klemmer, Pearce, Ponga etc who are on 2 or 3 times the earnings of the avg NRL then you need to look to pay other players less. I guess I haven't been overly impressed with hunt. He's had a solid and consistent season in a team of under performers.

If the avg salary is around the 300K mark, I would prefer to let him go and either look to replace him with another player on the market or with a player coming through.

perverse

Referee
If the avg salary is around the 300K mark, I would prefer to let him go and either look to replace him with another player on the market or with a player coming through.
We have a couple coming through, and they'll probably get there too... but I don't think we should be in the business of just handing out jerseys again either. It also strips us for depth in the position.

Here's the centres (or blokes who can play there) available for next year. I don't see much value.

Javid Bowen, Aaron Gray, Hymel Hunt, Michael Jennings, Richie Kennar, Sebastian Kris, Chris Lawrence, Brenko Lee, Nene Macdonald, Brad Parker, Brad Takairangi, Joel Thompson, Enari Tuala, Dylan Walker

aqua_duck

Coach
We have a couple coming through, and they'll probably get there too... but I don't think we should be in the business of just handing out jerseys again either. It also strips us for depth in the position.

Here's the centres (or blokes who can play there) available for next year. I don't see much value.

Javid Bowen, Aaron Gray, Hymel Hunt, Michael Jennings, Richie Kennar, Sebastian Kris, Chris Lawrence, Brenko Lee, Nene Macdonald, Brad Parker, Brad Takairangi, Joel Thompson, Enari Tuala, Dylan Walker
Brad 'the goat' Parker

I saw an article about the Tigers considering trying to move Marsters on to sign Ramien. Not sure if true but I'd prefer Marsters given how Ramien has already worked out for us.

No point having a super talented head case who doesn't turn up. I don't want to see Sione in the centres either, but surely there are better options than bending over and forking out more cash for someone else who tried and failed.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Gave his all and one of our best in the time he was at the Knights. Lost a fair bit of speed but his stats were still good.

Excited to see a young fella step up.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Very happy with his contributions since he got here. Does a great deal of the hard dummy half runs as any winger worth his salt should. Wish him well. Worth every cent.

By the same token, it will be nice if we can have a flanker who can get into open space and be quicker than current-day Royce Simmons.

Old dog

Juniors
He was good for us, wholehearted player, capable of mistakes but also of some great work both in attack and defence, assume it is all on his terms. Will he play Sunday to finish with us.

Latest posts