What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Symptoms of a dysfunctional club.

Rich102

Staff member
1. Last home game of the year - yet no farewells to departing players.
What was the club thinking?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
2. Dirty laundry made public.

That a big one, the Shaun Johnson stuff was handled woefully and the lessons weren’t learnt as we saw George/Nikorima/Kearney go back and forth in the media week before last

Back to the SJ one, most would agree he isn’t worth the on field money he was probably wanting. On the other side of the coin you had the face of NZ league, who was the main put bums on seats man, who would have boosted merchandise sales and the guy all the little kids want to be in the park.

Surely with those factors all considered, you tread a bit more carefully than alienating the guy publically while he was overseas. It was the worst possible way they could have handled it.

A flow on effect from that is what sort of reputation you create for yourself, and if a big name recruit sees that for the clubs biggest name, it may sound some alarm bells off and play a part in them wanting to look elsewhere, while also creating a bit of unrest within the current squad

Last edited:

spear tackle

Juniors
Yes they paid the wrong guy a 1 million dollar contract, it should have been RTS if anyone, puts in 100% consistently and (touch wood) is a great example of a professional athlete

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I searched the words "Over priced dud"

300px-Adam_Blair_Warriors.jpg

OK I made that up.

Would work on your search.

Blair

Coach
4. All those jersey designs I see on Ebay, when I just want to buy a proper Warriors jersey from back in the day.

5. All the coaches since 2011.

6. A lot of club legends, like Price, who never got considered for future, post-retirement, employment at the club.

7. All that talk about moving our homeground from South Auckland.

Let's get to 20 symptoms, at least...

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
9. Thinking kiwi first in a game dominated by Aussies, farging buy a few, we buy kiwis ffs.

Iron Lion

Juniors
The complete and utter lack of accountability to the public.

Making the Warriors the most boring club in the NRL to watch.

When once they were the most exciting.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
1. Last home game of the year - yet no farewells to departing players.
What was the club thinking?

REALLY?

We do that wank fest around other team's departing players, which is a wank fest let us be in no doubt, yet the club can't manage it for our own players - no matter how much or little they've offered?

What a dick show.

Reactions: JJ

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
6. A lot of club legends, like Price, who never got considered for future, post-retirement, employment at the club.

Pricey was employed by the club, was he not? As an ambassador? And we've employed Ben Henry, Jerome Ropati (not legends I know, but still got jobs), Manu, Jerry Seuseu...were there some we should've but didn't? Micheal Luck I would love to have kept, but he's a NQ boy.

Matua

Bench
9. Thinking kiwi first in a game dominated by Aussies, farging buy a few, we buy kiwis ffs.
I'm going to against the grain here, nope, no way. If the Warriors start thinking Aussie first that's me done. If I want to watch Aussies I'll start watching SOO.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'm going to against the grain here, nope, no way. If the Warriors start thinking Aussie first that's me done. If I want to watch Aussies I'll start watching SOO.

The other problem is that we just can’t compete on a level playing field for Aussies. The reality is we just have to try to sign the best players who are willing to come. Whether they are Kiwis, Aussies, PIs, Poms, whatever. Ability and professionalism are all that matters.