What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes - yes and yes to everything that has been said . No membership renewal next season , the Dragon supporters passion has indeed been exhausted and the beggars who run the Joint Venture should be taken to court for fraud. Gawd what a shockingly disgusting season it has been and let’s forget the excuses .

The combination of a badly coached team and players that have been dragging the chain has sentenced the once mighty Red and White Dragons to one of the lower, putrid dungeons of the NRL castle . Sadly one of which just about all hope has been extinguished .

When and if it will ever see the light of day again would at this point in time seem to be an impossibility .

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
McGregor says buck must stop with him
  • r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Coach Paul McGregor says the buck stops with him after the Dragons' hugely disappoining NRL season.
    St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor concedes the buck has to stop with him after the Dragons slumped to their eighth loss in nine games on Sunday.

The Dragons conceded five second-half tries to be thrashed 42-14 at the SCG on Sunday, and are now certain to finish 15th - the lowest in the merged club's history.

The club have endured a horror year on and off the field, with the Jack de Belin issue an obvious distraction combined with his year-long absence.

Gareth Widdop has also missed the majority of his farewell year with a shoulder injury, further hurting their chances.

"(I'm) frustrated ... All them (negative) words in one at the moment," McGregor said.

"Because we care so much and we're not seeing the results we want and the performance we need."

Players this week stood up in defence of McGregor, as they claimed the results were not a reflection on him.

But when asked where the blame must fall, McGregor responded: "I'm the coach, so I'm the leader of the club.

"We've all got to take responsibility throughout the club. But I'm the coach."

McGregor was re-signed on a two-year deal earlier this year, however some changes are likely expected on the club's coaching staff.

Ben Hornby, Dean Young and Matt Head are all expected to face scrutiny in an end-of-season-review, however the latter has enjoyed minor premiership success in reserve grade this year.

Sunday's loss was further soured by a suspected broken leg to hooker Cameron McInnes, after he'd been a rare shining light for the club in 2019.

He left the field with just six minutes to play after his leg twisted in a tackle, and now faces a lengthy lay off that could eat into his pre-season.

"He just asked the doc how long it's going to be so he can get back to training. That's Cam, you want them all like that," McGregor said.

"He'll go for a scan now and what's next due to the fact it could heal on its own or might need a screw or a plate. He'l be out next week and probably 12 weeks.

"Six minutes to go and to a player who gives everything and some more. He's been our player of the year by far.

"To come to the second last game of the year and break the leg is not justice, that's for sure."

Australian Associated Press
https://www.theleader.com.au/story/6360437/mcgregor-says-buck-must-stop-with-him/?cs=13068

On Fox tonight Ennis said our players gave up. He said that with our roster we should not be second last and said we had had a diabolical year. Hooper said nothing. Ennis then said “it will need to be one hell of a preseason...” MacGregor’s media mates doing the protection for him both on Fox and especially, Nine.
And while we have a creepy crawley in the coaches box he won’t cop it from the tele hell buzz says bugger all because he’s happy we are where we are

SBD82

Coach
Who the hell is Reece Robinson our num nut coach keeps talking about, who may play hooker next week. Get it right mcidiot. It's Reece Robson. Doesn't even know the name of his players. Knob.
I went back and checked the press conference, because I assumed that he couldn’t possibly have done that again.

My apologies for doubting you. That’s atrocious.

grouch

First Grade
McGregor says buck must stop with him
  • r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Coach Paul McGregor says the buck stops with him after the Dragons' hugely disappoining NRL season.
    St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor concedes the buck has to stop with him after the Dragons slumped to their eighth loss in nine games on Sunday.

The Dragons conceded five second-half tries to be thrashed 42-14 at the SCG on Sunday, and are now certain to finish 15th - the lowest in the merged club's history.

The club have endured a horror year on and off the field, with the Jack de Belin issue an obvious distraction combined with his year-long absence.

Gareth Widdop has also missed the majority of his farewell year with a shoulder injury, further hurting their chances.

"(I'm) frustrated ... All them (negative) words in one at the moment," McGregor said.

"Because we care so much and we're not seeing the results we want and the performance we need."

Players this week stood up in defence of McGregor, as they claimed the results were not a reflection on him.

But when asked where the blame must fall, McGregor responded: "I'm the coach, so I'm the leader of the club.

McGregor was re-signed on a two-year deal earlier this year, however some changes are likely expected on the club's coaching staff.

Ben Hornby, Dean Young and Matt Head are all expected to face scrutiny in an end-of-season-review, however the latter has enjoyed minor premiership success in reserve grade this year.

Sunday's loss was further soured by a suspected broken leg to hooker Cameron McInnes, after he'd been a rare shining light for the club in 2019.

He left the field with just six minutes to play after his leg twisted in a tackle, and now faces a lengthy lay off that could eat into his pre-season.

"He just asked the doc how long it's going to be so he can get back to training. That's Cam, you want them all like that," McGregor said.

"He'll go for a scan now and what's next due to the fact it could heal on its own or might need a screw or a plate. He'l be out next week and probably 12 weeks.

"Six minutes to go and to a player who gives everything and some more. He's been our player of the year by far.

"To come to the second last game of the year and break the leg is not justice, that's for sure."

Australian Associated Press
https://www.theleader.com.au/story/6360437/mcgregor-says-buck-must-stop-with-him/?cs=13068

Our coach is a gaslighting manipulator. The way he has blamed everything and anything else all year, and throughout his career, and throws everyone possible under the bus time and again.. and now performs a little martyr pantomime... is classic psychological manipulation. Imagine being married to this bloke

Coffs dragon

Bench
And another major record for our Peanut of a coach. Not only the worse ending to a season as a a JV club, but for the old St George it is the lowest position the club has finished since 1945. That's f**kin "74 years" for this arrogant prick to re write our dismal failure. He cannot remain after next week or we won't have any future!

Paddles

Juniors
Our coach is a gaslighting manipulator. The way he has blamed everything and anything else all year, and throughout his career, and throws everyone possible under the bus time and again.. and now performs a little martyr pantomime... is classic psychological manipulation. Imagine being married to this bloke

I agree, but even in doing this he has to apportion blame to others:

This is what the absence of leadership looks like. The guy is demoralised and out of his depth, and the club is doing him further damage by not pulling the pin.

hewi

Bench
If it really stops with him as he says and he excepts that responsibility then he should know there is no choice but to walk away. He will be respected for that. If however he is sacked which is inevitable that is all he will be remembered for. As Gould said of Griffin we will never win a premiership with this bloke and that is so so true of this idiot.

RedVDave

First Grade
Our CEO should watch what has unfolded in the AFL this season. North Melbourne Kangaroos sack their coach they go on to win the next 8 of the remaining 12 games Carlton Blues sack their coach they win the next 6 of the last 10 games (after only having 1 win all season prior to that) St. Kilda sack their coach and then they go on to win 2 of the last 4 games. Fremantle Dockers also sacked their coach with 1 game remaining after promising much but delivered little they decided enough was enough and will go into next season with a fresh change.

Wittenberg

Juniors
View attachment 32657
The "Spent Schlong" formation has been confirmed on the chart. Those that you who followed my investment advice have made some money shorting Dragons stock. Only thing that will get the Dragons back up is veterinarian grade pharmaceuticals or if you have player welfare in mind:

Sack Mary
Sack Johnston
Someone buy out WIN Corp

Your graph says it all. While our squad was deficient in some areas throughout his time as coach, our roster overall has been relatively solid, certainly top 8 material in at least 5 of his years with us. As I have said before, the sad thing about his coaching is not where we finished, but the possibilities lost. Our club is becoming weaker because of him. It is not just about the losses on the field, but the losses off it. Sponsorship, Tpas and players have been lost because of him. Both players who were in our club and players we might of attracted at a time when the NRL is raising the movement or loss of 1 to 3 Sydney clubs we do not need him driving us into the ground. Those who assume other clubs will be the ones targeted and that the RedV will always be safe need only listen to our great PM who said that Cronulla is the premier club in Southern Sydney and it would be short sighted to move it anywhere. At the rate things are moving MacGregor is possibly helping us become a Wollongong Club, full stop.

since77

Juniors
And another major record for our Peanut of a coach. Not only the worse ending to a season as a a JV club, but for the old St George it is the lowest position the club has finished since 1945. That's f**kin "74 years" for this arrogant prick to re write our dismal failure. He cannot remain after next week or we won't have any future!
Let’s remember that according to the CEO, 2019’s coaching performance gets a pass mark.

Mitty266

Juniors
Jack De Belin is so irrelevent atm and the only reason i keep remembering he exists is because of these drop kick journalists shoving excuses into our faces for the imposter. If we were a competently managed and coached side we would have already made significant changes to with play making and a suitable replacement. What a joke.

Latest posts