What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan to Dragons - Suggested in yesterdays Daily Telegragh

Dragsters

First Grade
God I hope there's some truth to this rumour. Like him or hate him, he's a premiership winner plus he served a long apprenticeship under Ricky Stuart at the Roosters plus was assistant to Bellamy with NSW Origin team.
He is a huge upgrade on McAnchor and seems to have some mongrel/anger whilst not afraid to pick youth.
Go for it!!

Agreed Coffs.

He's not my first choice but I would welcome him to replace the coach we don't currently have...

Frank Facer

First Grade
After Bellamy, Flanagan would be my next pick of all the coaches in the world. I have been calling for him to be our next coach all year and even suggested the idea while he was still coaching Cronulla. He took Cronulla to their maiden grand final victory. He with the help of Gallen recruited very well for Cronulla (maybe he can bring Gallen to us and give him a job in recruitment).

If we do sign him, then Brian Johnston will get a big tick from me.

If we do sign Flanno, we would also be well positioned to sign Holmes (if he doesn't make the NFL, like I expect) and we would also be well positioned to sign Kyle Flanagan if he lives up to the wraps that are on him, but then Easts may sign Flanagan to coach them, like Penrith did with Cleary.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
After Bellamy, Flanagan would be my next pick of all the coaches in the world. I have been calling for him to be our next coach all year and even suggested the idea while he was still coaching Cronulla. He took Cronulla to their maiden grand final victory. He with the help of Gallen recruited very well for Cronulla (maybe he can bring Gallen to us and give him a job in recruitment).

If we do sign Flanno, we would also be well positioned to sign Holmes (if he doesn't make the NFL, like I expect) and we would also be well positioned to sign Kyle Flanagan if he lives up to the wraps that are on him, but then Easts may sign Flanagan to coach them, like Penrith did with Cleary.
Doesn’t Kyle have a contract with the Rorters?

denis preston

First Grade
I think it was get rid of the coaching staff below Mary first , then the big one Mary , its all starting to make sense now .... Well I hope so....
\
Yes, as bad as Mary is you gotta say Hornby & Young are no better and perhaps even worse. Clearing the decks for a new coach is possible. I think his assistants will be appointed before he will be so that could give us an indication of how things are going. Something to me suggests that the bald one has to start the season so the payout is not as much but having him in charge during the off season could derail our 2020 season so i hope the club makes him an offer ( one season payout ? )

boardlumps62

Juniors
He did captain our lower grade team under 23? was it back then then if my memory serves properly went to wests. Back the I was sad at every junior we lost. Who was in his way back then cant remember even the year was it when Steve Edge was our hooker.
Doesn't matter he may still have his heart with Dragons but so does Mary.
Maybe just maybe to be a modern day coach you just need to be a Heartless Bastard

Bench
I hope our club should be getting behind getting Flanagan reinstated next season and sign him up.
I know Flanagan is a hard nose SOB but maybe that is what our club needs, I also think if his gets back to the NRL he will never get himself in that situation again.
It’s a long shot but we can only hope.

TheFlash

Juniors

Kyle Flanagan has signed with the roosters, pretty sure as well that Holmes is no Fan of Flanagan , Holmes will end up at the Cowboys either way if he's NFL dream fails...

TruSaint

Referee

Flano, the 2nd best coach in the world after Bellyache ?

The so called maiden premiership will forever be clouded by the preceding years.

Lets not forget, this guy has been suspended ONCE in 2013 for his part in the supplements scandal, and has now been deregistered INDEFINITELY as a coach.

Nice resume.

As to Easts ( Politis ), thinking of signing Flano to coach... LMAO

Dragons22

Juniors
Flanagan would be great. I would be very happy with the club if they made this appointment and would definitely continue being a member next year.
He turned Cronulla into a side which would constantly make the finals.
He guided the Sharks to their first every premiership.
Flanagan has got to be up there with the best of coaches.
Flanagan has a tough attitude and he is afraid to say it for how it is. He is not scared to drop players who underpeform, unlike McImbecile. He would be perfect in re-building the club.
It's literally a non-brainier.
Who would you rather have?
A premiership winning coach?
Or a hopeless water boy?
Sack McGregor... NOW!!!