What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FINALLY

dungay dragon

Juniors
I'm more partial to

Fry the Fitz
When a Coach has time to run on his contract and the Club want them gone or resign , they put it out there that a full review will be done at Seasons end including that of the Coach...This they hope gets a reaction from the Coach and he tenders his resignation instead of getting shafted..Big difference in the severance pay out...
The Directors who decided to resign Mary for a further two years on 600k per year without performance clauses should be fired forthwith..
The only two Coaches being mentioned by our so called brains trust are Flanagan and Fitzgibbon....Either would be a major upgrade on the clueless one and would no doubt be an incentive for prospective high profile layers to join the Club..
A complete clean out of some of our over paid playing roster should also take place..Those who want out etc let them go..
Fresh start with a new Coach , new blood in the roster , and the Board , and the end of the Old Boys Club...
There is the talent there within our current playing roster and a promising junior talent , to turn these unacceptable past seasons around as early as next year.....

Meapro Ham

Juniors
For a sane, proper club maybe.

Our club uses "reviews" purely as a stalling tactic, a decoy. I think if he's being sacked they'll just do it. If they announce a review it's purely to buy time and come up with some scapegoats. They've done it before... more than once.

I'm reluctant to get excited.

Difference this time is the scope of the review has apparently changed from support staff to all coaching staff which surely means goneski for Mary.

grouch

First Grade
Difference this time is the scope of the review has apparently changed from support staff to all coaching staff which surely means goneski for Mary.
I can see the questions from the Brian Johnston to McGregor now:

"Paul, your team seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

TheFlash

Juniors
This review from my understanding was already planned, didnt Brian Johnston mention in the 2SM Talking Sport interview they would be doing a review after the season anyway...
While on reviews, didn't we do a review 2 years ago, where it was decided that Mary had too much on he's plate that he was trying to do everything, so Millward took over player negotiations, extra support staff were brought in, they hired a painting company to do any painting that was required, so in essence, we tried to make Mary's job easier by getting him to just concentrate on coaching, yet this hasn't worked, so if it didnt work when he did "everything" it still not working with him doing just the coaching, no matter how many people you sack or bring in the results will be the same..
P.S When he finally departs, there will be a article that will shift the blame to everyone else, like Millward, it will say Mary was hamstrung and wasn't able to coach the team due to him having limited power, mark my words...

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I'm still not convinced but I'm praying it happens.. 2nd last. Is that still a pass mark :)

1 more loss then it must happen. Please don't let it drag out into next year.. Why waste another year with this L plater..

I must admit I had a great sleep last night when I saw the news on NRL 360.. Gives us long suffering fans something to look forward to... Players will stay and God forbid external players may want to join us.. I'll even start going back to the games..
Well Angela it is a pass mark we did pass The Titans.....seriously like you Im hoping....I may get to take my cue out of the rack sooner rather than later

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Go Go Titans .... That would make my season finish on a high note.....
Never thought I would see the day Hazz when I went against my beloved Dragons but if it is the final nail for The Imposter then so be it....and the pledge I made weeks ago I wont be watching so it wont be that difficult...just maybe I will be viewing again in the not to distant future

hazzbeen

Bench
Never thought I would see the day Hazz when I went against my beloved Dragons but if it is the final nail for The Imposter then so be it....and the pledge I made weeks ago I wont be watching so it wont be that difficult...just maybe I will be viewing again in the not to distant future
Joke aside , another loss to last placed Titans will in my opinion be the last nail ... Even if they do win I still think the great one is gone ....

Zucchini

Juniors
My mail is that The Imposter has been given the first six weeks of next season and has to win four from six to keep his job. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but better to save the money on the champagne - for now. I too had started doing the happy dance. The mail could be wrong but it's normally pretty good......

TruSaint

Referee
My mail is that The Imposter has been given the first six weeks of next season and has to win four from six to keep his job. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but better to save the money on the champagne - for now. I too had started doing the happy dance. The mail could be wrong but it's normally pretty good......

That sounds much more in toe with our Club.

I believe this as well. Announced that Mary has a short window to show results to appease the fans until next year.

hazzbeen

Bench
Your killing me mate ....

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
You could be right but whats that going to achieve...since the Imposter has been in charge weve been thereabouts or leading the comp only to fade come the pointy end of the season...then again we are talking about our mob arnt we

hazzbeen

Bench
That sounds much more in toe with our Club.

I believe this as well. Announced that Mary has a short window to show results to appease the fans until next year.
Tru can you please pop around and shut that window now , pad locks and all .....:)

Gomarchin

Juniors
Yep - that sounds like the CEO/board we know and love....