What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould reviewing Dragons.

hazzbeen

Bench
He is not sure what the review will curtail.
He meets with BJ and Mary on Tuesday.
Then the players later. On 2gb.
That says it all meeting with BJ and Mary ..... If McGregor was going he wouldn't be meeting with them.... It was a glimmer of hope there at one stage , but now its gone .... Welcome aboard again Mary...

SBD82

Coach
his aspects are th

I dont read it that way. In regards to the 2019 review Yes..limited input and how can he doi anymore as was not there.
But if he does a good job and has a look at the joint they may both agree on a more hands on role from 2020 is how i read it which seems to be more likely
Where are you reading that?

I’m all for reading between the lines, but I think you’re basing this on hope rather than info (can’t blame you).

Gareth67

First Grade
Which ever way you look at it this is positive news!

A strong independent voice getting a say. Doesn’t guarantee a result, but it’s a positive.

It is positive and also a start in the right direction , what becomes of it all remains to be seen , here’s hoping that for once it works out for the better for the J.V. - the team and us long suffering supporters.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I know I’m in the extreme minority but I’d take Mary again for a season if we could get Gould, so long as Gould has the ultimate say in things. I’d rather that than twice suspended Flanagan with all the same board.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I know I’m in the extreme minority but I’d take Mary again for a season if we could get Gould, so long as Gould has the ultimate say in things. I’d rather that than twice suspended Flanagan with all the same board.

With all due respect my friend, l can't see another layer of bureaucracy solving our problem.

If you buy a dud car, whether you have $1 or a million dollars to throw at it, it's still a dud.
Eventually, everyone walks away from it, poorer.

Better to cut our loses and move on.

On a positive side, if they have money to throw at Gould, they have money to pay McGegor out.

hazzbeen

Bench
With all due respect my friend, l can't see another layer of bureaucracy solving our problem.

If you buy a dud car, whether you have $1 or a million dollars to throw at it, it's still a dud.
Eventually, everyone walks away from it, poorer.

Better to cut our loses and move on.

On a positive side, if they have money to throw at Gould, they have money to pay McGegor out.
So the board bring in Gould to fix up the mess they did .... The whole lot of them should be sacked if they can't do their job ....

SBD82

Coach
This is bad.
Gould into director of football and Mary to stay. Thats my fear with this development.
Screw that, if Mary is coach next year round 1 I won't be watching.
At the moment that looks like best case scenario.

More likely the review is written, Gould adds a couple of footnotes, and the board gets to rubber stamp their shitty decision making by using the “external expert” excuse.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Why the f**k would Gould care what happens to the Dragons? I'm no Football expert...far from it...but doesn't he have a paid job at the Panfers...therefore, wouldn't he want other teams to be weaker...therefore, wouldn't he endorse Super Coach McFlop so the dragons continue to be mediocre? Am I missing something?

possm

Coach
He supported the club as a kid so it makes sense to bring him in. It would also mean that Griffin has zero chance of replacing Mary
I hope he stays on after the review as 'Football Manager'.

I also hope that our CEO and Board have not already advised him that they want to keep Mary.

Gould could be a very good solution to the many problems we have in our football department. I look forward to seeing the results.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
"Embattled coach Paul McGregor has been under fire from sections of the Dragons’ fan base after a woeful season which will be the Red V’s worst in the history of the joint venture. But McGregor is poised to retain his job at the start of next season."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/go...review-of-dismal-dragons-20190906-p52olj.html

__________________________________________________________________________________

Double turd .................. this lame duck club management keeps getting it wrong!
Sack the idiot and get someome better, it can't be that hard.
Is McGregor, Gordons lovechild or something .......... cut the bloody cord for Christ sake!

possm

Coach
BJ headed the committee to find a CEO and then he himself got the CEO job.

Maybe we can have Gould do the review, and then see Gould as head of football at SGI.

SBD82

Coach
Why the f**k would Gould care what happens to the Dragons? I'm no Football expert...far from it...but doesn't he have a paid job at the Panfers...therefore, wouldn't he want other teams to be weaker...therefore, wouldn't he endorse Super Coach McFlop so the dragons continue to be mediocre? Am I missing something?
He left the panthers mid season.

Latest posts