What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Valheru

Coach
Okay sure. Whats the highest crowd the SCG has had this season? I just don't see an extra 30,000 appearing on Friday night, when there was only 20,000 this week.

38k on ANZAC day and the roosters home game against souths got 25k

I don't think it will get 50k but 35-40k is realistic.

Stallion

First Grade
That was ANZAC Day but no?

Week One crowds normally underwhelm.

?. I was at the game. We had a good view from the Bradman stand. Unless the weather is horrid and the ticket prices are expensive, that game will exceed 40000. Think the ground holds 44000. These clubs are archrivals and have big support. You do realise it's not a Thursday night game?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Results really fell in a lucky way. Roosters v Souths has no excuse not to be a monster crowd.

Hoping Parra can pull a good crowd against a local opponent. Should be a huge week for league in Sydney, let’s hope the fans show up.

Edit: curious which game gets a bigger crowd actually.

Parra will sell out regardless of the opponent.

Suitman

Post Whore
It must be remembered that AAMI Park has never reached the claimed capacity.
I suspect Bankwest will always be the same.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Parra v Brisbane (assuming there's no 90 min draw tomorrow) will sell out.

Manly v either Tigers or Sharks at Brookie will sell out.

Manly v Tigers at the SCG could get 25-30k.

Stallion

First Grade
Depends how you look at it. Roosters/South's prelim is impossible now which would have sold out the SCG

Suggest a well promoted final for this Friday with good weather and reasonable prices will gain a near sellout crowd. From.my experience last season, I think the ticket prices are controlled by the NRL and they have gone away from ripping the public off for finals tickets. (which was their tact two or three seasons ago).

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Depends how you look at it. Roosters/South's prelim is impossible now which would have sold out the SCG

I don't think a prelim would be much of a worry regardless of the opposition, say if it were against the raiders - not a dig at the roosters, but the raiders fans would show up in numbers like they did AAMI in 2016. Broncos would too. Avoiding the Raiders in the Qual is a win, IMO.

Valheru

Coach
I don't think a prelim would be much of a worry regardless of the opposition, say if it were against the raiders - not a dig at the roosters, but the raiders fans would show up in numbers like they did AAMI in 2016. Broncos would too. Avoiding the Raiders in the Qual is a win, IMO.

Yeah I guess that's true. Probably 35k plus regardless of opponent if we host.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
163,227‬ is the figure need to reach.

First four games = 70,543

92,684 required from the remaining four games.
Updated: 91,624.

71,603 required from the remaining two games to reach last year's aggregate.

Leichhardt Oval capacity: 20,000
Panthers Stadium capacity: 25,000

Officially impossible as a result of today's crowds.

Stallion

First Grade
Updated: 91,624.

71,603 required from the remaining two games to reach last year's aggregate.

Leichhardt Oval capacity: 20,000
Panthers Stadium capacity: 25,000

Officially impossible as a result of today's crowds.

Let's hope we get good weather and good promoting for the upcoming finals series! Some very popular clubs involved that are playing good footy. The players deserve it!