What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Panthers @ Panthers Stadium

Who will win? Round 25: Panthers v Knights

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
So final ladder position is 11th, same as last year.
10 wins, 14 losses (1 more win than last year).
Points diff -37 (last year -193)

So, yeah, that’s us.

Reflector

Juniors
You'd hope O'Brien puts more than a few players on notice after that, regardless of whether there was a finals spot up for grabs or not. Newcastle fans have long been commended for sticking solid, but next year might be time for them to vote with their feet if the attitude of the playing squad doesn't improve.

perverse

Referee
So final ladder position is 11th, same as last year.
10 wins, 14 losses (1 more win than last year).
Points diff -37 (last year -193)

So, yeah, that’s us.
Our best got better, and our worse got even more abysmal. It was a season of extremes. Ultimately our shit attitude sees us finish where we belong. I'm not surprised, I predicted we could finish as low as 12th... I'm just disappointed.

Jono078

Referee
I have serious concerns about the club.

I really thought this year would be a real reflection of the past 3 years efforts to rebuild and remould the club.

Now I feel like we are back to dot one and a re-build will be necessary.

IT's going to be the same blokes lining up next year. We now know mentally how quickly they crack. You can't just change that with a new coach.

Insult to injury. They can't even get woes and commit to doing better next game.
A long break, lots of rests and vacations then ease into the pre-season.
Next year will be rinse and repeat.

Bartwah

Juniors
Wouldn't get too worked up over a completely meaningless game away from home.
This reflects the piss poor attitude the team has. So which of the 17 were you today? Just because it’s a meaningless game, doesn’t mean you should let in over 50 f$&@ing points

Yosh

Coach
Thank God that's over... I don't mean the game, I mean the season because that was atrocious...

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Wouldn't get too worked up over a completely meaningless game away from home.

While it’s true that this game didn’t mean anything in the context of the season it’s still a big slap in the face for all the fans. Biggest problem at this club is that the players seem to be ok with being embarrassed every second week.

Hate to be one of those people but 10 v 100 = 1,000% increase

How does one team have a defense line like this over the past 4 games!

We are like bipolar or something.

in 2 games we concede a total of 10 and then another two we concede 100. That's a f**king 100% increase from best to worst.

As a fan I don't expect win every week and if we get physically outmuscled by top teams on occasions I could have accepted that as part of where we are but getting outenthused and completely outmuscled by other bottom 8 teams like Penrith, Tiger's x 2 and the Bulldogs is hard to take.

Knight Vision

First Grade
spare a thought for Star Toa, his debut game in the NRL. A dream come true for the young fella and his team mates introduce him to first grade in that manner.

Not only do they have no respect for themselves no respect for the club but no respect for their team mates. The clubs leadership and culture must suck.

Same type of debut that was dished up to Bradman Best

spare a thought for Star Toa, his debut game in the NRL. A dream come true for the young fella and his team mates introduce him to first grade in that manner.

Not only do they have no respect for themselves no respect for the club but no respect for their team mates. The clubs leadership and culture must suck.

Knight76

Juniors

Yeah, and his mother out to Australia for the first time.

As above, Best got the same dished up for his.

This team has no heart.

Should do what Bellamy does, but make the mongrels go work for a living doing brick laying for the first month of the pre-season.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Yeah, and his mother out to Australia for the first time.

As above, Best got the same dished up for his.

This team has no heart.

Should do what Bellamy does, but make the mongrels go work for a living doing brick laying for the first month of the pre-season.

The culture needs to change - this is obvious.

My guess is this O'brien fella will make a bold statement on attitude through some shock selections when he arrives.

Regardless of position, pay grade or reputation if you dont put in you dont get to wear the jersey.

I'd rather us get flogged with a kid out there giving his all and busting his gut for the jersey than us getting flogged with an over paid primadonna.

Latest posts