What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Apey

Staff member
I'd rather Nadal win a 2nd Aus Open than pass Feds total. Not going to happen I've accepted.

LatK7

First Grade
I'd rather Nadal win a 2nd Aus Open than pass Feds total. Not going to happen I've accepted.

Not as likely but could happen if Fed and Djokovic aren’t there. It’s happened this USO...

He will surpass Fed’s total though by at least a slam as no one comes close at RG. The next winner there comes after Nadal’s body breaks down for good. I’ll guess #21 2021 RG as his last slam at 35yo.

LatK7

First Grade
Don't think Fed will win any more?

Fed’s 38, so no I don’t think he will. Though, with a good draw, no injuries and the terrible state of the tour, he’s a decent chance at the AO and Wimbledon for possibly the next couple of seasons.

LatK7

First Grade
No, won't win again. If he couldn't win this year with all the cakewalk draws, he won't win next year. He's doing well to compete at his age. Old time doesn't show any mercy usually.

Cakewalk draws that’s had World #1 and #2 in SF and F the whole way through. USO opened right up but fmd that’s a rough injury to cop at the worst time. Especially as he has it all over Nadal these days.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cakewalk draws that’s had World #1 and #2 in SF and F the whole way through. USO opened right up but fmd that’s a rough injury to cop at the worst time. Especially as he has it all over Nadal these days.

His Wimbledon draw was as easy as can be though. He’s had his chances this year

LatK7

First Grade
His Wimbledon draw was as easy as can be though. He’s had his chances this year

Nishikori, Nadal, Djokovic. A GS finalist and two ATGs 5 & 6 years his junior, respectively. Doesn't get much tougher, particularly for a guy as old as he.

A cakewalk is Djokovic's Wimbledon draw...played Goffin & RBA in the QF & SF. Journeymen...

lockyno1

Post Whore
Nishikori, Nadal, Djokovic. A GS finalist and two ATGs 5 & 6 years his junior, respectively. Doesn't get much tougher, particularly for a guy as old as he.

A cakewalk is Djokovic's Wimbledon draw...played Goffin & RBA in the QF & SF. Journeymen...

Nisikori is a donkey and Nadal on grass isn’t Nadal everywhere else. Djokovic’s Wimbledon makes up for his US Open nightmare draw

LatK7

First Grade
The Italian really bottled that breaker, but played as well as he could with the match up disadvantage. He doesn’t have a strong backhand or return game. Nadal was never in doubt.

Medvedev seemed far too passive despite his win today. Too many errors as well. Nadal will win in straights, with perhaps a 4th set if he gets tight. As he’s slowed down, Nadal has a few more weaknesses in his game but only the other big 2 seem to be talented enough to regularly exploit it.

Danish

Referee
I tell you what, watching Serena keep losing finals is one of life’s great pleasures.

Living in the US, the amount of media love Williams gets is absolutely sickening. So funny to bask in their disbelief whenever she loses

axl rose

Bench
I tell you what, watching Serena keep losing finals is one of life’s great pleasures.

Living in the US, the amount of media love Williams gets is absolutely sickening. So funny to bask in their disbelief whenever she loses
The coverage in Australia after the whole Osaka thing was just comically bias for Williams. Thank god it wasn't against a caucasian opponent. Anyway is the depth in female tennis good at the moment? a slow old Williams shouldn't be making this many finals surely. Did she drop a set on the way to the final?

Apey

Staff member
At the risk of jinxing, Nadal is running away with it now. 5 - 2 in the 2nd set.

LatK7

First Grade
This one has gone to script. Nadal's taken advantage of match up well enough, but this is a poor quality final. Reminds me of USO17, where Kevin Anderson was just happy to be there...

Congrats to Nadal though, a 19th major is an incredible achievement.

Danish

Referee
US open crowds are a disgrace. The constant booing and calling out for the last 2-3 games is truly terrible.

I understand Nadal gets away with bloody murder with time wasting, but this isn't his fault today.

LatK7

First Grade
Nadal's still got this surely, but he's struggling a lot more in closing matches out. Very surprised this has gone 5.

LatK7

First Grade
Wow, Medvedev completely bottled that. Break points, up 40-0 then broken. Nadal will survive the scare of his life.