What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW1 Sun - Eels 58-0 Broncos @ Bankwest

Finals Week 1: Eels v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bandwagon

Staff member
Being strong favourites just doesn't sit that well with Parra. They should walk this in, but Parra fans know all to well our propensity to shit the bed.

Still, should just get it done.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Who does then? Tigers? Certainly not us.

Tigers in the 8 would have been nice but they showed the other day they didn't deserve finals. Obviously I can't complain about us missing the 8 after starting the season so terribly and then bottling it badly even after getting ourselves back in the race.

The Broncos finished 8th and technically deserve to be in the finals simply because of that but their season is the perfect argument for a return to a Top 5 or 6 finals series.

The Top 5 finals series had fewer games but at least they were genuinely full of good quality teams who had winning records.

Between 1988-1994 it was a 16 team comp with only 5 teams making the post season. Those were some of the best quality finals series we've seen, with all the teams having really earned their place after a tough 22 round season.

Bigdogsbedtime

Juniors
Disagree. I’m predicting it to be the game of the weekend.

Think Brisbane might cause a boil over here. Hopefully Parra can do it though.

I agree that it has the potential to be the game of the weekend.

I don't think Para are a tough side mentally but they are near unstoppable with the footy.

If the Broncos can complete at >80% and para don't I think baring and freak injuries the broncos will win

lockyno1

Post Whore

Whatever you are on, I want some.

We won't get within 30, and I'm being generous.

pantherz9103

First Grade
We’ve been hopeless at home too

With the crowd behind the Broncos the big and talented forwards can build momentum and win on individual brilliance. Away from home they haven't shown they can do it, unless the opposition plays poorly and misses their conversions, like the Sharks did against you.

Broncos are some chance here because it's against Parra, who haven't won a finals game in 10 years and this Parra team has come up with the odd shocker, even at home.

I could only see Broncos winning though if the Eels are too nervous and don't start well. If the Eels get off to a flier they should win easily.

lockyno1

Post Whore
With the crowd behind the Broncos the big and talented forwards can build momentum and win on individual brilliance. Away from home they haven't shown they can do it, unless the opposition plays poorly and misses their conversions, like the Sharks did against you.

Broncos are some chance here because it's against Parra, who haven't won a finals game in 10 years and this Parra team has come up with the odd shocker, even at home.

I could only see Broncos winning though if the Eels are too nervous and don't start well. If the Eels get off to a flier they should win easily.

Parramatta is easy money, they might suck...we suck worse especially without TPJ

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Tigers in the 8 would have been nice but they showed the other day they didn't deserve finals. Obviously I can't complain about us missing the 8 after starting the season so terribly and then bottling it badly even after getting ourselves back in the race.

The Broncos finished 8th and technically deserve to be in the finals simply because of that but their season is the perfect argument for a return to a Top 5 or 6 finals series.

The Top 5 finals series had fewer games but at least they were genuinely full of good quality teams who had winning records.

Between 1988-1994 it was a 16 team comp with only 5 teams making the post season. Those were some of the best quality finals series we've seen, with all the teams having really earned their place after a tough 22 round season.
The broncos dont get gifted a try off a metre forward pass in the last few seconds to us they dont play this weekend.

Cant see who could have taken their spot being much better than a dried darius turd we will most likely see this weekend though

isaiah

Bench

Broncs finishing the eels season, loser bows out. Sounds like a great story, IMO

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Broncos vs. Raiders has the potential to be a great game of finals footy. We all know how Brisbane vs Melbourne will end.

Latest posts