What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Site performance

emjaycee

Coach
Is anyone else having issues with the Forum site and experiencing both slowness is loading pages and links to threads etc moving as different ads come up (causing you to click on the wrong link)?

Seems heaps slower the last few days and is nearly unusable on the mobile. Slowest loading website I have ever been on.

And before some smart arse says it's my internet connection, it isn't. Only happens on this site and only for the last few days/week.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Average at best on my tablet. Totally wont work on my mobile phone.
Was unusable last Tuesday, Wednesday was back to normal. Thursday and today not working again.
Please fix. Ffs its Finals Week!

Suitman

Post Whore
Is anyone else having issues with the Forum site and experiencing both slowness is loading pages and links to threads etc moving as different ads come up (causing you to click on the wrong link)?

Seems heaps slower the last few days and is nearly unusable on the mobile. Slowest loading website I have ever been on.

And before some smart arse says it's my internet connection, it isn't. Only happens on this site and only for the last few days/week.

Yes, having exactly the same problems.

I'm using Chrome on an Android tablet and haven't had a single problem. Not getting the ads with the desperate hotties though either.

strider

Post Whore
My tablet, android samsung internet browser, is totally fine. It seems the fancy ads are not present.

My laptop, osx safari, works fine. Though the experience with the gutter ads clunking in after initial load is kinda awkward.

My phone, android with chrome, is terrible and practically unusable most the time. I believe its the fancy scrolly ad. Im guessing the ad is a large download and too cpu intensive.

Gronk

Staff member
If you are not getting the problem I reckon you have some kind of adblocker running.
I turned adblocker on my laptop on and the problem, Finchy and the Russian Hotties have all disappeared but at least the site is usable again.
We prefer not to encourage that kind of behaviour thanks.

The small revenue that is yielded by the ads greases the cogs that keep this (free) site running. :thumbsup:

Happy MEel

First Grade
What the hell is an add blocker
images

emjaycee

Coach
We prefer not to encourage that kind of behaviour thanks.

The small revenue that is yielded by the ads greases the cogs that keep this (free) site running. :thumbsup:
Like i said, i whitelisted this site in my adblocker in support of the site when asked by Twiz to do so a few years ago.

Only turned it off on the laptop because recently the site has become unusuable.

Fix the ads that make the site shit and i will add it back to the whitelist.

Here is my experience on the phone... notethe add actually covers the line i typing ...

Screenshot_20190914-105242_Chrome.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
That's not sycophantic at all... Lol

Anyway I've had the same issue all week. Use an ad blocking function on the actual PC (before Gronk has a little tizzy, I don't have a choice in that) and my concession was not using on mobile.

But man it's hard sometimes sadly
You should not have to put up with ads that make your browsing a pain. Nobody is suggesting that you should.

The concept of sycophantism intrigues me, however I don’t quite give a f**k enough to ask.