What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould reviewing Dragons.

Dragon for life

Juniors
They really are f**cked.
They'll employ Gus to do some consulting for them which they believe will appease the fans and they won't have to pay out Mary.
Then after 8 weeks next season they'll have to pay out Mary, employ a new coach AND they'll have Gus on the books too!
Its a circus.
Sort of agree. This talk of Gould looking at things has deflected the heat on Mary’s job. Listen to the fans you muppets (they seem to have a better understanding of things than you guys). Gus to me is a wanker but f**k he knows his stuff. I’m sure he’s helped Freddy with the origin team over the last two years. Come back to coaching please!

Gareth67

First Grade
Don't believe everything you here.
I don't think this is the end of it

Sammy I have never been to the ‘ Black hole of Calcutta ‘ but I believe that is where we Dragon fans are at this point in time would be the nearest thing to it .

So that ever so thin ray of light that you have just provided for us with will give us hope .

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Phil Gould must be loving Nicks Pay Check, watching the Rorters take another Premiership.
Seriously our Coach, Board, our so called sugar Daddy, Huge Imposters!
Shane Wane SOS!

No wonder Mary asked Gus to do the review - do you hear his comment about how the wabbits won the second half ! He and the maestro think so much alike that they could be twins . Lawd help us all !

Wittenberg

Juniors
No Shane next year i’m afraid. As for Uncle Nic the Roosters fielded an all international representative backline tonight. Seven international backs not to mention a Kiwi international prop and the NSW Origin captain (to name but two) in the forwards and they are not over the cap? Gee the coffee must be better in the Eastern Suburbs. I know we were accused of buying premierships in the 1960s but at least there wasn’t a cap then. No media questioning, no questions asked by anyone. Comical really.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Sammy I have never been to the ‘ Black hole of Calcutta ‘ but I believe that where we Dragon fans are at this point in time would be the nearest thing to it .

So that ever so thin ray of light that you have just provided for us with will give us hope .

Let hope it's not a train coming

Sort of agree. This talk of Gould looking at things has deflected the heat on Mary’s job. Listen to the fans you muppets (they seem to have a better understanding of things than you guys). Gus to me is a wanker but f**k he knows his stuff. I’m sure he’s helped Freddy with the origin team over the last two years. Come back to coaching please!

Origin is different. Nothing could save Fittler at club level.

Straight Shooter

denis preston

First Grade
Well, lets take a positive spin here.The ch 7 ëxclusive is crap as channel 9 would rip Gus contract up,Johnson has to come out in the next couple of weeks and make a statement when this review is over.The longer he takes to do this would suggest to me that indeed there is something happening behind the scenes..The Board would surely now be suprised by the supporters reaction and the falling crowd numbers is certainly a worry and a symptom of their anger.With no new players for next year it looks even worse and they would have to come out of their holes and be accountable.. Boards don't like being exposed and would far prefer to be invisible and keep on the gravy train. The review also gives them a sort of face saving exercise that yes they were hasty in signing the bald one up but they have corrected this due to events and performances after this signing.

We can be cynical ( it's in our DNA ! ) but the dynamics have changed in the past 3 months and the losing streak has at least given us a chance that something will be done to remove the main culprit..

possm

Coach
Even with a board member not happy, this was going to always be the inevitable result.

It's almost as if McGregor runs the club....and the only result will be the club going further downhill.

Needs to be a massive broom put through the place...the board are facilitating this....

People need to really consider voting with their feet.....it is pretty much the only option left that may cause change.
It's not Mary who is running the club, it is Craig Young who is running things football on behalf of the board.

TruSaint

Referee
Well, lets take a positive spin here.The ch 7 ëxclusive is crap as channel 9 would rip Gus contract up,Johnson has to come out in the next couple of weeks and make a statement when this review is over.The longer he takes to do this would suggest to me that indeed there is something happening behind the scenes..The Board would surely now be suprised by the supporters reaction and the falling crowd numbers is certainly a worry and a symptom of their anger.With no new players for next year it looks even worse and they would have to come out of their holes and be accountable.. Boards don't like being exposed and would far prefer to be invisible and keep on the gravy train. The review also gives them a sort of face saving exercise that yes they were hasty in signing the bald one up but they have corrected this due to events and performances after this signing.

We can be cynical ( it's in our DNA ! ) but the dynamics have changed in the past 3 months and the losing streak has at least given us a chance that something will be done to remove the main culprit..

Cant agree.

Based on history. The only reason the Club will await a full release is that they buy time and appear to be doing something. The news cycle never stops.

With the semi's now on, a GF around the corner, a few off field scandals, our story will become page 8 snippets.

There will be some well scripted release with broad recommendations, a few sacrificial lambs and then off to next year.

To release so called full finding now would be the Club admitting they did f**k all. They may be inept, but they are also cunning and experts on self-survival.

My 2 cents worth anyway.

sco22

Juniors
No Shane next year i’m afraid. As for Uncle Nic the Roosters fielded an all international representative backline tonight. Seven international backs not to mention a Kiwi international prop and the NSW Origin captain (to name but two) in the forwards and they are not over the cap? Gee the coffee must be better in the Eastern Suburbs. I know we were accused of buying premierships in the 1960s but at least there wasn’t a cap then. No media questioning, no questions asked by anyone. Comical really.
We didn’t buy premierships during the 60’s that was Wests they were called the Millionaires

TruSaint

Referee

Used to feel that way, but now i just think they are the envy of the league. They have built a winning culture.

One Club Players that debuted for the Chooks.

Billy Smith
Daniel Tupou
Joseph Manu
Lachlan Tim
Latrell Mitchell
Boyd Cordner
Isaac Liu
Jake Friend
Mitch Aubusson
Nat Butcher
Victor Radley

Keary unwanted at Souths.

Tedesco and Cronk could have chosen any Club, and chose the chooks. Money ? Probably, but Cronk and Tedesco are winners and chose a club to deliver silverware.. B Morris, same.

I ask if Teddy was offered 10% more at other clubs would he have gone ? Doubt it.

Even JWH, although starting at Manly, became a success at the Chooks as their longest serving prop.

TruSaint

Referee
Compare them to us ...

Hunt = BNE
Norman = Parra
Pearson = BNE
Lafai = Dogs
McInnes = Souths
Graham = Dogs
K Sims = Knights
L Timm = Storm
Vaughan = Raiders
Frizell = Sharks
T Sims = Cowboys
Kaufusi = Cows

SBD82

Coach
Edit. Turns out I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Not a great surprise I suppose.

Last edited:

Overseas dragon

Juniors
The best bloke to do a review is Big Bad Buzz Rothfield our board know if he was given carte Blanche to do a review the board would be gone along with the most hated man in Australia right now and wherever overseas Dragon might be. Phil Gould doing a love job for his good mate the good bloke is a slap right to our face. If they are fair dinkum about a review then tell Gus thanks but no thanks you doing the review is the same as McGregors wife doing it. Pointless and a waste of everyone’s time especially McGregors considering he only sleeps on game day and training days such is his devotion for results( I reckon he clocks in then jumps the fence and spends his day at the beach) If Buzz knows less about the game then Gus I will fondle McGregors balls and gaze lovingly into his eyes while validating his illusion of being an NRL standard coach all the while reassuring him a mentor for an NRL coach is why Bellamy and Bennett are so successful but not nearly the standard of artist that he himself is. Buzz is almost friendless anyway and wouldn’t hesitate to make another enemy for the sake of integrity.
Im trying to understand why mary Mcgregor and my name are included in the same sentance