What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Next Coach

Our Next Coach for 2021

• Total voters

Coffs dragon

Bench
Fitzgibbon?

Not a third consecutive rookie coach please.
Jimmy I'd rather a rookie from a coaching system whom has achieved success & is responsible for a Defensive Wall, than have to put up with Another 2 years of the Deflective Experienced Peanut.
All NRL coaches were Rookies once, it's just up to a club to identify the right one based on their career development not just a Friggin Old Boy that can drink and paint.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I don't see Flanno coming to us. In fact no-one with any sense would be an assistant to Macgregor. Look at Head and Demetriou. You get no credit for your own success. You get shafted for the Head coaches lack of success. It's a lose-lose situation.

denis preston

First Grade
I dunno. Our assistants apparently sacked. McGregor with 2 years left to run, Flanagan can only be an assistant for two years. It seems to be lining up.

The board can save face by keeping McGregor there, but we all know if Flanagan is there he will have a big input to the team. Let McGregor be the figure head, let Flanagan coach the side on assistants wages and sign him straight away to be head coach in 2022.

That's what I'd do anyway!!
It would also serve the purpose of humiliating McGregor to the extent he may resign !

St Georgio

Juniors
If the Dragons hierarchy do not sign up Shane Flannagan immediately, they are complete psychos, this is not going to be a better opportunity than right now to set the club up for next several years ahead. I will even go as far to say, that the Dragons can win the comp with Shane as assistant. McGregor can sail into sunset as a winner thx to Flanno's experience.

possm

Coach
If that is true I wouldn't bother with him, that means there will be no chance he will be interim coach if Mary is sacked early. We need an assistant that can and will step in halfway through next season. If we have to wait 2 years for a coach id prefer to target bigger fish than Flanno.
So I'd go for Brown as head coach on a two year deal with Flanno as his assistant. Between Brown and Flanno, we chould address the coaching situation we now face.

Walpole

Juniors
My question is, if Shane Flanagan is ever made the Dragons coach, will anyone learn to spell his name correctly?

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
If the Dragons hierarchy do not sign up Shane Flannagan immediately, they are complete psychos, this is not going to be a better opportunity than right now to set the club up for next several years ahead. I will even go as far to say, that the Dragons can win the comp with Shane as assistant. McGregor can sail into sunset as a winner thx to Flanno's experience.

Just a small grammatical point. You cannot use the words "McGregor" and "winner" in the same sentence.

mickeylane

Bench
I think the appointment of the next assistant coach will be the clubs most important decision in the past 20 years... it's important that the next assistant coach has the ability to slot into the main role if Mcgregor fails in the first 2 months and his position becomes untenable...I think that then rules out Flanagan...it could be anyone out of :
Brown
Furner
Griffin (yes Griffin)

SaintPauli

Juniors
So I'd go for Brown as head coach on a two year deal with Flanno as his assistant. Between Brown and Flanno, we chould address the coaching situation we now face.
Fantastic idea,
I agree possm as long as brown knows it's 2 years for him and flannagan to take over. I can actually see these 2 working together as a formidable combo.

SaintPauli

Juniors
I think the appointment of the next assistant coach will be the clubs most important decision in the past 20 years... it's important that the next assistant coach has the ability to slot into the main role if Mcgregor fails in the first 2 months and his position becomes untenable...I think that then rules out Flanagan...it could be anyone out of :
Brown
Furner
Griffin (yes Griffin)
Brown is most likely fit.
Griffin is an experienced head coach and assistant won't work with the current
boys club.

St Georgio

Juniors
Realistically McGregor will not be Sacked immediately, he will see out the 2020 season and highly likely see out 2021, the Dragons Hierarchy love Paul(Illawarra Boy).
So Shane Flannagan is the key player for them saving face for all concerned at Dragons HQ!

BBTB

Juniors
Realistically McGregor will not be Sacked immediately, he will see out the 2020 season and highly likely see out 2021, the Dragons Hierarchy love Paul(Illawarra Boy).
So Shane Flannagan is the key player for them saving face for all concerned at Dragons HQ!
Flanno, fits perfectly.
Assistant to Mary, 2yrs.
Mary out,
Flanno in.
Every one happy, Mary knows, one slip up.
He's gone.. Hahaha.
Excellent:thumbsup::clap::laughing:

St Georgio

Juniors
Flanno, fits perfectly.
Assistant to Mary, 2yrs.
Mary out,
Flanno in.
Every one happy, Mary knows, one slip up.
He's gone.. Hahaha.
Excellent:thumbsup::clap::laughing:
McGregor has shown over the last 6 years how to survive, unless Flanagan decide to be assistance for another club, McGregor will manage to survive the next two seasons, making way for Flanno to take over.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Whoever we get, to win the premiership these days you have to do something different. Whether its salary cap manipulation (Roosters), Wrestling tactics (storm), or Peptides (Sharks) you have to bring something new to the table, not just repeat the same old tactics of yesteryear. That's why I reckon the Raiders are a shot this year with their innovative use of Pommie players and their one on one strip thing.

McGregor unfortunately has nothing. Just a repeat of Steelers tactics from 1991.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Fail Mary is a cunning as a sh*thouse rat I'll give him that. He'll be undermining Flanno from day one knowing that the board will have zero compunction is giving the arse to another assistant.

F@RK ORF MARY !!

Latest posts