What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW3 Fri - Raiders 16-10 Rabbitohs @ GIO

Finals Week 3: Raiders v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Finals Week 3
Canberra Raiders v South Sydney Rabbitohs
GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce (TICKETS)
Friday 27 September 2019

Kickoff 7:50pm

TL-CAN19.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Nick Cotric 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Josh Papalii 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Iosia Soliola 11. John Bateman 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Joseph Tapine
Interchange: 14. Bailey Simonsson 15. Emre Guler 16. Corey Horsburgh 17. Dunamis Lui 18. Sam Williams 19. Ryan Sutton 20. Siliva Havili 21. Sebastian Kris

TL-SOU20.png

1. Adam Doueihi 2. Alex Johnston 3. James Roberts 4. Dane Gagai 5. Campbell Graham 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Burgess 9. Damien Cook 10. Liam Knight 11. John Sutton 12. Sam Burgess 13. Cameron Murray
Interchange: 14. George Burgess 15. Tevita Tatola 16. Ethan Lowe 17. Mark Nicholls 18. Jaydn Su'A 19. Corey Allan 20. Dean Britt 21. Mawene Hiroti

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Ben Cummins, Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: David Munro, Chris Butler
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Bryan Norrie

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Souths look absolutely toast to me. If Manly were at full strength they win that game by 20+.

I think the Raiders absolutely bash the crap out of Souths, who won't get a gluttony of piggy backs which is their lifeblood. That much is painfully obvious.

The Raiders could win to nil but I'll go with 30-4.

eagles4eva

First Grade
If the Bunnies leak as many points as they did against an under strength Manly... Raiders 20+

Raider @ home with the full house sign up should win comfortably...

mongoose

Coach
Raiders best chance to make a grand final since the mid 90s. Could be a long time before they get another chance like this....Of course I am not at all confident. Cody Walker is the kind of player this team traditionally struggles against however Wighton has been doing a good job nullifying these kinds of players this year, hopefully that continues. Hodgson needs to keep giving Sezer good ball like he did against Melbourne, Aiden's decision making and kicking game was spot on in that game. I highly doubt we win by a big margin though.

eagles4eva

First Grade
Raiders best chance to make a grand final since the mid 90s. Could be a long time before they get another chance like this....Of course I am not at all confident. Cody Walker is the kind of player this team traditionally struggles against however Wighton has been doing a good job nullifying these kinds of players this year, hopefully that continues. Hodgson needs to keep giving Sezer good ball like he did against Melbourne, Aiden's decision making and kicking game was spot on in that game. I highly doubt we win by a big margin though.

I don't think the Raiders will be as undisciplined as Manly were and especially @ home, so the penalty count shouldn't be loop sided...

Raiders play close to how they did against the storm, they win comfortably

nick87

Coach
If the Rabbitohs come and out and defend like they did against Manly, Canberra will give them the absolute business
They wont be running through the Raiders with that ease for 80 minutes

I expect a much better performance and i think it'll be a tightly played game, Raiders by 8. With a late try sealing it.

ram raid

Bench
Yeah Souths really need to improve if they want to be a chance ... I'm not sure if they have it in them.

some11

Referee
Raiders should be 1.05

Souths are done, this is what Bennett does now - he coaches teams playing dire football with one or two stars being the difference hiding a soft forward pack then they get belted when it matters.

GongPanther

Referee
Raiders should be 1.05

Souths are done, this is what Bennett does now - he coaches teams playing dire football with one or two stars being the difference hiding a soft forward pack then they get belted when it matters.
Canberra $1.38 Souths $3.10. This is going to get fugly. Can 44-4.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
We did lose to them this year but we were missing a few players including John Bateman.

I seem to remember the young forwards were getting under Sams skin when we played. So bateman should see what he can do.

Still im never confident. We dont have much big game experience so a choke could be on the cards

Spot On

Coach
The refereeing decisions and subsequent Skeepe meltdowns will be entertainment enough.

Good luck to Canberra fans if Souths get the favourable decisions like they did last night.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The refereeing decisions and subsequent Skeepe meltdowns will be entertainment enough.

Good luck to Canberra fans if Souths get the favourable decisions like they did last night.

So long as its not ludicrous you gotta be able to handle it when the refs favour the other side. I mean id be salty for the rest of my life over it but in the abstract i mean

ram raid

Bench
So which Raiders player gets to enjoy running over the top of Gagai this weekend? Leilua? He should be very excited.