What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi final - Parra v Storm LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/9/19

IFR33K

Coach
Gutted about the way we lost!! Stupid errors cost us the game!!

Let’s not forget, it was only Mahoney, drown and gutho 2nd finals match.

We made big improvements from 2018.

The side has huge potential and we are adding one quality forward and hopefully another one!!

The key now is to build on this year and make the finals again. And hopefully with some luck finish top 4. Can’t repeat 2018!!

What’s your thoughts if we regress and have a 2018 type season? I’m talking bottom 4

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
What’s your thoughts if we regress and have a 2018 type season? I’m talking bottom 4

Obviously I am a BA fan, however if we do (and there is no obvious reason like a big injury toll / some major issue), I would be looking for a potential new coach (especially if there was a good experienced option available).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
32 nil is not acceptable.
Of course it's acceptable. What else are you going to do? Sack everyone involved? Find a scapegoat? Or reload next year and try again?

Premiership winners Bellamy and Flanagan have suffered bigger losses in the finals, and they did it against worse teams than the overwhelming minor premiers of 2019.

Funny you should say that. At half time I put on a Hallmark movie, boy meets girl Xmas type. Did wonders for my misses and I. We cuddled on the lounge for the rest of the evening without a worry in the world. She gave me a little shove here and there on the occasions I'd let out a deadly or two though. But on summation, what a gal and what a night.
I wish I'd had the sense to turn the bloody thing off.

eel01s

Bench
What else can I say but a very disappointing, yet totally predictable result. Why can't we perform in big games two weeks in a row? Or away from home?

Why do we always look overwhelmed? Our attack (when we did have a chance) totally inept?

I could handle losing but not in the way we rolled over. Game over within 20 minutes is not acceptable. Yes Melbourne had all the ball but how many errors did we make?

Hopefully we can get a few more signings and further strengthen the squad for next year.

emjaycee

Coach
Gutted about the way we lost!! Stupid errors cost us the game!!

Let’s not forget, it was only Mahoney, drown and gutho 2nd finals match.

We made big improvements from 2018.

The side has huge potential and we are adding one quality forward and hopefully another one!!

The key now is to build on this year and make the finals again. And hopefully with some luck finish top 4. Can’t repeat 2018!!

Apart from Jennings (14), Ferguson (11) no one else in our team last night had played more than 5 finals going into last nights game. And Sivo was also having his 2nd finals match only. Most of the rest had played 3 finals for 2 losses and the training run against Brisbane.

Storm on the other hand also had 4 players playing only their second finals match but had a heap of players that have played 10+, a couple with 20+ and of course CAM37FINALS.

Vast difference in the level of experience at the end of the season (obviously) and a telling factor in why the result went the way it did IMO.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Come on mate. It'll be ok.
Everyone who played last night added one more to their total.
We'll be sweet next season.
Two is twice as many as the one they had going into the game, but only half as many as the four RCG will bring to the club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So f**k all.
Yep, which might be why the Storm took them lightly.

Plus the Poms would all have a fair bit of finals experience back home. I assume the pressure is higher. Then there's all the big match experience they have from rep footy. Plenty of them have Origin experience as well as some fair dinkum test footy against Australia.

Last edited:

Tooooks

Bench
Of course it's acceptable. What else are you going to do? Sack everyone involved? Find a scapegoat? Or reload next year and try again?

Premiership winners Bellamy and Flanagan have suffered bigger losses in the finals, and they did it against worse teams than the overwhelming minor premiers of 2019.

Bellamy went out week 2 for the first three years he was at Melbourne. About 30-0 to the dogs, then the next year the Dogs put 40 on them then the third year, they lost by 8 points to NQ.

Then they cheated for 4 years, got a spoon due to that cheating and haven’t looked back since.