What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi final - Parra v Storm LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/9/19

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The point is they don't need excuses. Sometimes teams get flogged, even in the finals. Bellamy and Flanagan say hi.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
BA summed it up in the press conference. Dumb mistakes, poor kicking game, two shoulder charges in the first half. You cannot do that in finals football, let alone against the Storm.

Its disappointing to go out like that, as I would've been ok with a 22-14 loss or 26-12. Look I didn't give us much chance against one of the top sides, given we've hardly played these big games but I would've expected a better effort.

Its like the same when they played against Canberra, Newcastle, Manly, Cronulla away from home. Make a mistake in the first 5 minutes and everything turns to sh/*t.

And just when there's some glimmer of hope, they blow it.

This is something they definitely need to work on in 2020.

Anyway on a positive, of course to go from wooden spooners to semi finalists is a big achievement and couldn't be prouder of how Arthur has turned this team around.

Add to that the likes of Fergo, Sivo, Lane and D Brown have improved this team.

I feel 2020 will be big for Parramatta but lets not get too carried away. I just hope they don't read their own hype and not have too many distractions like 2018.

Snoochies

First Grade
Based on past experience, I should be optimistic for next season but in 2017 we made the finals, the offseason looked great, 2018 was our year, we towelled up the Panthers in the first half of the first game of the season, I was as optimistic as I've ever been and the rest of the season tells us another story.

Hopefully the players remember what complacency looks like, they gotta be hungry to get to the Prelims next year at a minimum.

84 Baby

Referee
Based on past experience, I should be optimistic for next season but in 2017 we made the finals, the offseason looked great, 2018 was our year, we towelled up the Panthers in the first half of the first game of the season, I was as optimistic as I've ever been and the rest of the season tells us another story.

Hopefully the players remember what complacency looks like, they gotta be hungry to get to the Prelims next year at a minimum.
Hopefully they remember to not remember to not be complacent.

And the target should be premiership. Realists don’t win premierships

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member

1. Missing Semi and Bevan French not working out don’t help

2. We had a lot (the most?) players play in the World Cup back end of 2017. Storm had a ton as well and they started the year terrible but recovered. We just couldn’t get going

We are not gone have either of those issues for 2020, not to that level RCG on board and possibly Matterson will stiffen the pack

Anyhow, expecting us to go close or make the top 4.

Our premiership window is the next 2-3 years including 2020.

Tooooks

Bench
With the age of our spine, plus good retention and recruiting, I reckon a premiership window for most of the 20s is realistic.

chiefy1

Juniors
I think our biggest problem area is the amount of dumb mistakes the boys make continually. Sure our spine is young, but it's pretty much across the board like the evans shoulder charge for example.
Until we fix them we're not making the gf prelims

84 Baby

Referee
I think our biggest problem area is the amount of dumb mistakes the boys make continually. Sure our spine is young, but it's pretty much across the board like the evans shoulder charge for example.
Until we fix them we're not making the gf prelims
EXCUSES!
Dumb mistakes don’t lose games. Worrying about a dumb mistake loses game. Case in point Sivo compounding his shoulder charge (that was nowhere near as bad as some of the “arm away from body so not a shoulder charge” “tackles”) by second guessing his defence

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
With the age of our spine, plus good retention and recruiting, I reckon a premiership window for most of the 20s is realistic.
The young spine is meaningless unless you know you'll be able to retain them. There's no guarantees of that in Sydney.