What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Id Like to See this Team Roll Out on March 6, 2020

mickeylane

Bench
Within reason this team can feasibly come together - I'm allowed some latitude...irrespective of the coaching dramas..assuming Frizzel gone and JDB exonerated.

Dragons 2020

1. Dufty
2. Oates (Free to negotiate)
3 .Lomax
4. Morris (Beau Scott 2009/10)
5. Mcdonald

6. Norman
7. Hunt (c) (captaincy would transform his game to stay involved)

8. Vaughan
9. Mciness
10. Sims
11. T Sims
12. Leilua
13. JDB

14. Ford
15. Kerr
16. Graham
17. Sailor (covers 1,5,6)

Old Timer

Coach
You are kidding aren't you?
How the f**k anyone can contemplate Nene is beyond comprehension.
Graham should be told thanks big fella but see you later.
Morris owes us nothing after we ditched him.
T Sims is bog average and can only produce behind an intimidating pack.
JDB shouldn't be allowed within the same state let alone same dressing room. He is braindead and all about JDB.
In the end you could pick whoever you like but we will be shit and we all know why.

mickeylane

Bench
JDB shouldn't be allowed within the same state let alone same dressing room. He is braindead and all about JDB.
In the end you could pick whoever you like but we will be shit and we all know why.
I’m glad you have an opinion lol!

Old Timer

Coach
I’m glad you have an opinion lol!
C'mom mickey surely there must something better on offer than what you posted?
Do you really think Nene is a good option for us as he has shown to be a liability and unsettled everywhere he has been.
James Graham is well past it and has nothing left to give in a game that is vastly different to the one he started out in.
Corbin had his chance this year and he did squiggly dot and yes I know he has the injury but before and after that he produced very little.
Well the entire JDB has been a fiasco from the moment he went out on the piss and the club pandering to him has created nothing but trouble and if he is the catalyst behind Frizz going then even more will go I suspect.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Within reason this team can feasibly come together - I'm allowed some latitude...irrespective of the coaching dramas..assuming Frizzel gone and JDB exonerated.

Dragons 2020

1. Dufty
3 .Lomax
5. Mcdonald

6. Norman

8. Vaughan
9. Mciness
10. Sims
11. T Sims
12. Leilua
13. JDB

14. Ford
15. Kerr
16. Graham
Your first two words negate the rest of your post..

Belta

Juniors

Dragons 2020

1. Dufty
3 .Lomax
5. Mcdonald

6. Norman

8. Vaughan
9. Mciness
10. Sims
11. T Sims
12. Leilua
13. JDB

14. Ford
15. Kerr
16. Graham

Considering what’s likely to be available and in our budget I can see some upsides those selections. Also add Matterson and a Prop.

I was often was critical of Nene and I know Nene at times he was pedestrian but he’d often run close to 200m a game and could finish well and had reasonably good hands, combined with Oates I think we could make up for the lack of impetus in our forwards. Watching Peierra in reserves drop it with the line open suggest he is a good depth player.

We also need some defensive stability out wide in the centres, and I think Morris would atleast give us one year of that. Our forwards busted themselves only to watch the other teams backs stroll through out wide. Can’t imagine how demoralising that we be game after game. Bigger wingers and better centres may help Duftys game if not maybe Sailor.

redVinme

Juniors
Our centres suck.
Sadly though any centre here will.
No early ball. Wont touch the ball until the 4th tackle unless taking a hit up.

When we actually looked OK start of last year we actually played a lot wider of the ruck earlier in sets. Where'd that go.
Must have got too far away from the power game.

BLM01

First Grade

You are right OT about some but T Sims is not bog average as clearly was not 100% explosive fit this year. whilst he was OK to play you can see he could not steam on to the ball as he did last year
Blame who you want and should he of rested for some or have the op early?. Thats a debate for another day
JDB if innocent...well I dont need to go on further

Old Timer

Coach
You are right OT about some but T Sims is not bog average as clearly was not 100% explosive fit this year. whilst he was OK to play you can see he could not steam on to the ball as he did last year
Blame who you want and should he of rested for some or have the op early?. Thats a debate for another day
JDB if innocent...well I dont need to go on further
Oops my bad
Should have been Korbin not Tariq

possm

Coach
Vant wait for Possms list
1. Gigot
2. Saab
3. Lomax
4. Lafai - no other club wants him
5. Oates
6. Norman
7. Hunt - won't leave because the money is too good
8. Kerr
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Ford
13. Frizell - he'll stay however, Fifita if Frizell moves on

14. K Sims
15. Graham - should retire but won't
16. Lawrie
17. Leilua

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Here's my nomination based on how much we are squeezed in the salary cap and some creativity!

1. Sailor
2. Saab
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Niko
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. K.Sims
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Ford
12. T. Sims
13. Leilua
14. Graham
15. Lawrie
16. Kerr
17. Gigot

As you can see there is no Friz or DeBelin.

possm

Coach
Here's my nomination based on how much we are squeezed in the salary cap and some creativity!

1. Sailor
2. Saab
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Niko
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. K.Sims
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Ford
12. T. Sims
13. Leilua
14. Graham
15. Lawrie
16. Kerr
17. Gigot

As you can see there is no Friz or DeBelin.
I'd say Sailor would be as effective at fullback as Dufty. Too small and over a season would not be durable. Historically, the lock position needs to have a player with great defensive ability, I'm afraid that this is not one of Leilua's strength. Is Niko really a recruitment target?