What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a Thought - Possibly Already Mentioned

gregstar

Referee
Grand Final Finalists

1999 - Melbourne
2000 - Roosters
2002 - Roosters
2003 - Roosters
2004 - Roosters
2006 - Storm
2007 - Storm
2008 - Storm
2009 - Storm
2010 - Roosters
2012 - Storm
2013 - Roosters
2016 - Storm
2017 - Storm
2018 - Storm & Roosters
2019 - Roosters

20 seasons.
Both clubs combined have made the grand final 17 times.

What a wonderfully diverse comp.
I look forward to the diversity of the next 20 seasons as well.

Last edited:

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Grand Final Finalists

1999 - Melbourne
2000 - Roosters
2002 - Roosters
2003 - Roosters
2004 - Roosters
2006 - Storm
2007 - Storm
2008 - Storm
2009 - Storm
2010 - Roosters
2012 - Storm
2013 - Roosters
2016 - Storm
2017 - Storm
2018 - Storm & Roosters
2019 - Roosters

20 seasons.
Both clubs combined have made the grand final 16 times.

Welcome back Greggles! Haven't seen you post in ages.

getsmarty

Immortal
We all need to get better.

Especially Brisbane.

How long does McGregor last in either joint?

We are too busy keeping lights on.

Get better.

With all due respect Mr Angry, it's not an even playing field....that along with poor refereeing and judiciary inconsistencies is why fans are walking away from the game.......NRL is losing it's appeal for many people...

Last edited:

gregstar

Referee
We all need to get better.

Especially Brisbane.
At what? Rorting?

Angry said:
How long does McGregor last in either joint?
1 day is too long another season or two is Armageddon.

Angry said:
We are too busy keeping lights on.
Use an exercise bike plugged into the switchboard - I get my wife to do that. Cheaper power bills are worth her effort.

Angry said:
Get better.
Wrong. Get bitter.

getsmarty

Immortal
Grand Final Finalists

1999 - Melbourne
2000 - Roosters
2002 - Roosters
2003 - Roosters
2004 - Roosters
2006 - Storm
2007 - Storm
2008 - Storm
2009 - Storm
2010 - Roosters
2012 - Storm
2013 - Roosters
2016 - Storm
2017 - Storm
2018 - Storm & Roosters
2019 - Roosters

20 seasons.

Quite extraordinary...and the NRL wonder why fans complain about third party deals........

getsmarty

Immortal
Grand Final Finalists

1999 - Melbourne
2000 - Roosters
2002 - Roosters
2003 - Roosters
2004 - Roosters
2006 - Storm
2007 - Storm
2008 - Storm
2009 - Storm
2010 - Roosters
2012 - Storm
2013 - Roosters
2016 - Storm
2017 - Storm
2018 - Storm & Roosters
2019 - Roosters

20 seasons.

Gregstar...this is worth posting in the main forum so other fans can see just how unbalanced our comp is....the more people exposed to this the better..........

P.S should be last 21 seasons...

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Grand Final Finalists

1999 - Melbourne
2000 - Roosters
2002 - Roosters
2003 - Roosters
2004 - Roosters
2006 - Storm
2007 - Storm
2008 - Storm
2009 - Storm
2010 - Roosters
2012 - Storm
2013 - Roosters
2016 - Storm
2017 - Storm
2018 - Storm & Roosters
2019 - Roosters

20 seasons.
Both clubs combined have made the grand final 17 times.

That is just so unbelievable. If you are a betting man you could make a good profit for the next 20 years and pick both the Storm and Roosters to make the grand final even though their odds would be short.

Yes, no wonder a lot of fans have turned away from the game including myself and relatives of mine.

You might as well just have a competition between the Storm, Roosters, Broncos and say Warriors, just like the women's comp. All other teams are just superfluous to NRL. It is a complete joke and certainly the salary cap is not making it an even playing field and there should be a points system brought in to replace it. My rant for the day fellas!!

getsmarty

Immortal
That is just so unbelievable. If you are a betting man you could make a good profit for the next 20 years and pick both the Storm and Roosters to make the grand final even though their odds would be short.

Yes, no wonder a lot of fans have turned away from the game including myself and relatives of mine.

You might as well just have a competition between the Storm, Roosters, Broncos and say Warriors, just like the women's comp. All other teams are just superfluous to NRL. It is a complete joke and certainly the salary cap is not making it an even playing field and there should be a points system brought in to replace it. My rant for the day fellas!!

Well said David... Both clubs have powerful people involved .

getsmarty

Immortal
Just for the sake of comparison's, here is a list of the AFL for the same period.

Premiership Winners
Year Premiership Team Runner-Up
2019 Richmond GWS

2018 West Coast Collingwood
2017 Richmond Adelaide
2016 Western Bulldogs Sydney Swans
2015 Hawthorn West Coast
2014 Hawthorn Sydney Swans
2013 Hawthorn Fremantle Dockers
2012 Sydney Swans Hawthorn
2011 Geelong Collingwood
2010 Collingwood St Kilda
2009 Geelong St Kilda
2008 Hawthorn Geelong
2007 Geelong Port Adelaide
2006 West Coast Sydney Swans
2005 Sydney Swans West Coast
2004 Port Adelaide Brisbane Lions
2003 Brisbane Lions Collingwood
2002 Brisbane Lions Collingwood
2001 Brisbane Lions Essendon
2000 Essendon Melbourne
1999 North Melbourne Carlton

Clearly the AFL Model is a much Fairer model.....

Can someone send this off to a mainstream Journo....Gregstar has pretty much done the homework for them......

They just need to write a column on the comparisons between the AFL and NRL Grand finalist for the last 21 years and everyone can see the disparity in terms of 2 teams continually dominating in the NRL.

TruSaint

Referee
Just for the sake of comparison's, here is a list of the AFL for the same period.

Premiership Winners
Year Premiership Team Runner-Up
2019 Richmond GWS

2018 West Coast Collingwood
2017 Richmond Adelaide
2016 Western Bulldogs Sydney Swans
2015 Hawthorn West Coast
2014 Hawthorn Sydney Swans
2013 Hawthorn Fremantle Dockers
2012 Sydney Swans Hawthorn
2011 Geelong Collingwood
2010 Collingwood St Kilda
2009 Geelong St Kilda
2008 Hawthorn Geelong
2007 Geelong Port Adelaide
2006 West Coast Sydney Swans
2005 Sydney Swans West Coast
2004 Port Adelaide Brisbane Lions
2003 Brisbane Lions Collingwood
2002 Brisbane Lions Collingwood
2001 Brisbane Lions Essendon
2000 Essendon Melbourne
1999 North Melbourne Carlton

Clearly the AFL Model is a much Fairer model.....

Can someone send this off to a mainstream Journo....Gregstar has pretty much done the homework for them......

They just need to write a column on the comparisons between the AFL and NRL Grand finalist for the last 21 years and everyone can see the disparity in terms of 2 teams continually dominating in the NRL.

will do..

merahputih

Juniors
Shades of 1956 to 1966 when the four (later 6) tackle rule was bought in, supposedly because St George were dominating the competition for eleven years straight and attracting the best players. Wests, Souths, Balmain and Manly dominated the list of losing grand finalists in those years. The Tall Poppy Syndrome will always emerge if a team in any sport dares to dominate the scene for too long.

getsmarty

Immortal
Shades of 1956 to 1966 when the four (later 6) tackle rule was bought in, supposedly because St George were dominating the competition for eleven years straight and attracting the best players. Wests, Souths, Balmain and Manly dominated the list of losing grand finalists in those years. The Tall Poppy Syndrome will always emerge if a team in any sport dares to dominate the scene for too long.

Correct, but Fans are walking away from the game...Everybody can see what the imbalance is, but no one in the mainstream media up until now will address it..............

AFL is run professionally...eg they did a 20 year study before bringing in GWS....

NRL talks relocation and crosses their fingers hoping for the best....just look at the Gold coast....

Has never been successful to any large degree....Surely a draft system would help them attract players etc...( Yes I know the RLPA is against the Draft), but they may have no sport left in 20 years if we continue on the same trajectory.

Dragon David

First Grade
Correct, but Fans are walking away from the game...Everybody can see what the imbalance is, but no one in the mainstream media up until now will address it..............

AFL is run professionally...eg they did a 20 year study before bringing in GWS....

NRL talks relocation and crosses their fingers hoping for the best....just look at the Gold coast....

Has never been successful to any large degree....Surely a draft system would help them attract players etc...( Yes I know the RLPA is against the Draft), but they may have no sport left in 20 years if we continue on the same trajectory.
Not only should the Dragons fans be sending this sort of information to the NRL but also many of the fans from other clubs I reckon!

TruSaint

Referee

Thats true mate, but those stats by Drew are alarming for the code.

50's and 60's were a totally different era. The whole argument for the cap and the laughable TPA's was to even out the comp now thats its national.

In any other code, the NZ Warriors would have won a title or two by now. Has the NRL even grown the code in NZ ? Are we denting Union at all there ? I doubt it.

Latest posts