What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Dally M Awards

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Were you trying to bag them? If so, you could have chosen your words more carefully, limeyrulz.
13 years of dominance and in the scheme of things f**k all to show for it, besides being the most hated team in the comp and a couple of asterisk premierships. Manly have won just just as much in that time and now in comparison seem like those blokes that visit us from the West Tigers forum. A bunch of great guys. It’s laughable all those leg ups, all that NRL favouritism and still just two comps with some of the best players of all time. And the crazy schizo gets another coach of the year with a team that chief could make competitive.

Gronk

Staff member
I think I’ve worked out why Sivo wasn’t nominated for Winger OTY.

Dally M points are accrued from Rnd 1 through to 25.

A player who is charged 2 or more times is ineligible.

Sivo missed Rd 10. In the Semi vs Storm he was also charged and he misses Rnd 1.

So although they only count regular rounds for Dally M points, Sivo misses put bc he was charged in the Semi.

Seem fair ? Merkins are blowing up about it.

Interesting that Sam Burgess was nominated for 2nd Row. :thinking:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Will Sivo miss round 1 2020? Guessing he may be able to just miss the Samoa v Fiji test match or a trial?

hindy111

Post Whore
Beetlejuice won coach of the year.

He takes the grand finalist to a semi final while Ricky beats him on his own turf twice and makes GF with a side who lost key players in Boyd and Jnr and finished towards the end of the ladder. Umm yeah ok.

hindy111

Post Whore

Sivo missed Rd 10. In the Semi vs Storm he was also charged and he misses Rnd 1.

So although they only count regular rounds for Dally M points, Sivo misses put bc he was charged in the Semi.

It's inspector Morse

Gronk

Staff member
Is this what you tell Gronk after he visits?
giphy.gif

T.S Quint

Coach

So if the awards were held before the Finals start then he gets nominated for winger of the year and possibly even wins.

These awards are for the regular season and have nothing to do with Finals. Doesn’t make much sense to discount a bloke for something he did in the Finals.

Gazzamatta

Coach
He takes the grand finalist to a semi final while Ricky beats him on his own turf twice and makes GF with a side who lost key players in Boyd and Jnr and finished towards the end of the ladder. Umm yeah ok.
In my mind it further proves even an average coach can have great success if he surroundes himself with the right people. Obviously McFadden, Brett White and Ennis have worked to provide what The Raiders were missing.