What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motorsport media

nöyd

Staff member
Thought we could have a thread where anyone can share videos, photos or anything else of interest related to motorsports.

The reason for starting this thread is because I stumbled across this YouTube account this afternoon, which has some great late 90's and early 2000's F1 action, if you're interested I'd either watch it or download it now before F1 gets wind of it and gets it taken down:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCajQr2MOR0k_5GDIXvBfyxw

I've just finished downloading the season 2004 review.

Dodgy

Juniors
I'd like to listen to the Russell Ingall/Paul Morris youtube show. But at 2 hours, it's too long for me to bother.

nöyd

Staff member
It is worth a listen, although I'm no fan of Ingall, and Morris's contributions consist mostly of grunts, they have the benefit of being able to say what on-air talent can't.

Dodgy

Juniors
Yeah, I might have to drip feed it over a period of the next few weeks/months.

A number of podcasts I've listened to in the last few months that I lliked, and hopefully worthwhile listening for you guys.

I listen to these on Spotify.

Autosport podcast,

- There was an interview with Tim Harvey recently. He gave tremendous insight into the super touring era of the btcc (Which affected super touring down here). Great insight into British domestic motorsport. the btcc when he started out in the 80s and since super touring.

- There was a feature on Graham Hill (Dated late last year?). Dare I say nobody here really remembers watching him race to put in any context? He's not rated above superstars like Jim Clark and alike, but they had a guy on who lived throughout his career, and he gave great insight and context into Hill. To the point where it's like you lived through it yourself.

Marshall Pruett podcast.

- Normally I couldn't care less about a seemingly unremarkable career that Stefan Johansson had. But he had a two part feature on him, firstly encompassing his early career and start of F1, and the Ferrari/McLaren period. Great stories and insight of not just his own career, but Senna and Prost as well. He was team mates to both of them.

- There were two mini interviews with Bobby Rahal (10-15 mins each). One of his Indy 500 win, and the other of the story and effects of taking on the Truesports chassis after his championship win in 92 (Effects that continue to this day).

T-Boon

Coach
The media coverage at Bathurst is getting painful. Stop carrying on about it. That guy who walks around in his leather jacket talking for 5 minutes (is he an ex footballer?) he just goes on for 5 minutes never stopping. I hope he is getting bashed on the mountain.

Parra

Referee

A number of podcasts I've listened to in the last few months that I lliked, and hopefully worthwhile listening for you guys.

Autosport podcast,

- There was an interview with Tim Harvey recently. He gave tremendous insight into the super touring era of the btcc (Which affected super touring down here). Great insight into British domestic motorsport. the btcc when he started out in the 80s and since super touring.

- There was a feature on Graham Hill (Dated late last year?). Dare I say nobody here really remembers watching him race to put in any context? He's not rated above superstars like Jim Clark and alike, but they had a guy on who lived throughout his career, and he gave great insight and context into Hill. To the point where it's like you lived through it yourself.

Marshall Pruett podcast.

- Normally I couldn't care less about a seemingly unremarkable career that Stefan Johansson had. But he had a two part feature on him, firstly encompassing his early career and start of F1, and the Ferrari/McLaren period. Great stories and insight of not just his own career, but Senna and Prost as well. He was team mates to both of them.

- There were two mini interviews with Bobby Rahal (10-15 mins each). One of his Indy 500 win, and the other of the story and effects of taking on the Truesports chassis after his championship win in 92 (Effects that continue to this day).

This one sounds very good. Graham Hill was awesome - I'm too young (not old enough) to be able to recall anything first hand. His record stands though. Triple Crown winner and the only person to do it. Alonso is still trying.

Dead set stumbled across a bunch of motor racing documentaries on Amazon Prime. Including a bunch of retro GP (70’s) docos including

-an excellent one on the 1976 GP season Lauda vs Hunt. Goes into more depth on the nature of the season inc interviews (as opposed to “Rush”).

- “The formula one drivers AKA the quick and the dead. An American doco on Formula One hosted by.., Stacy Keach! From the 70’s also, real retro stuff which has an absolute mad opening sequence from the Kyalami Grand Prix to kick things off. Sets the tone on an era in which safety was just an afterthought..Much of it is awesome racing footage but also driver interviews and insight into the 70s European jet set.. hilarious

There’s also a number on Rallying, drag racing, Brock amongst others. Mainly retro stuff.

Autosport podcast,

Marshall Pruett podcast.

V8 Sleuth podcast is one I happened across a while ago.., has a bunch of driver interviews.. Tomas Mezera probably the highlight.

Latest posts