What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 14-8 Raiders @ ANZ

Grand Final: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFrog

Coach
How was it a blunder when the correct decision was made? Or do you think 6 again was the right call?

A call was made and it was changed while play continued. Whether the call was correct or not it should have stood. What in fact happened was that gravely disadvantaging one side was given preference over gravely disadvantaging the other, and surprise surprise it was yet again the Roosters who received the advantage.

A call was made and it was changed while play continued. Whether the call was correct or not it should have stood. What in fact happened was that gravely disadvantaging one side was given preference over gravely disadvantaging the other, and surprise surprise it was yet again the Roosters who received the advantage.

This post is more emotional than any Gus commentary call. Guaranteed if the original, incorrect call had stuck and scored, you’d be telling Roosters fans to suck it up. I find the crocodile tears from neutrals hilarious and particularly enjoyable.

Last edited:

Fairfax

Juniors
In the first level outrage stakes, why didn't Soliola get penalised for attacking Keary's legs after the ball ricocheted off his head into the Roosters trainer? That's been a penalty every week.

Well this is what a "renowned" Roosters fan had to say about it -

"No, I think that's a bit harsh, saying 'robbed',"...

"It was a turning point in the game, obviously, and the referee did signal six-again; so the argument is that the player's seen that and thought it was play on. Off the back of that, the Roosters took their opportunity and scored a try.

"But anything in rugby league can happen. If the bounce of the ball doesn't go your way sometimes, you've got to defend, whether it's a referee's mistake or your own mistake.

"At the end of the day, the Roosters took advantage of it, seized that opportunity and scored the points to win the footy game. I'm taking the diplomatic route - I feel it's play on and the Raiders had to defend that next set of six to prevent the try. The Roosters did very well."

Who was this "renowned" Rooster fan? Well he isn't. The above words are what Mal Meninga had to say bout it earlier today as reported here - https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/grand-...ter-truth-about-raiders--gf-heartbreak_071019

TheFrog

Coach
This post is more emotional than any Gus commentary call. Guaranteed if the original, incorrect call had stuck and scored, you’d be telling Roosters fans to suck it up.
The only trouble is that this never happens. An incorrect call against the Roosters HAD to be corrected, no matter what.

lazza

Juniors

I still think Cummins should have held up play and replayed tackle 5, especially since Wighton essentially surrendered on tackle 5.

Chook Norris

First Grade
True but they have ears. I know the crowd wad loud but the ref was ten yards away and called “last tackle” four times. The first was before Wighton touched the ball.

It's unfortunate that 1) Cummins initially made the incorrect call and 2) Wighton didn't hear the 4 times they rectified the call.

I'm almost certain that Guler heard the "Last tackle" call because he was frantically offloading the ball despite Wightons command for him to take the tackle. Judging by other reactions from the Raiders team, at least a handful heard the "Last tackle" call.

All in all - a messy finish but I refuse to cop this BS that the Raiders were robbed by an external influence when they failed so many times to capitalise

Chook Norris

First Grade
Very few raiders fans are saying any different to jack there. The roosters fans are completely strawmanning us because they have a bizarre desire to be liked and respected
Note I said "fans" and not necessarily Raiders fans. I acknowledge that there are some more balanced people on here. I couldn't say the same for the general public who were sitting at home and heard all the channel 9 carry on.

Sterling today was a lot more balanced on the game too.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
"He's gone back on his decision, and that's what he's done, but we're definitely not going to blame the ref for our loss. We had more than enough opportunities."

All class from Wighton. Wish a few more fans and social media commentators would take this on.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-gr...reaction/1e71f775-621f-4432-b104-32bd37b1b987
I totally agree with him. Our attack inside the 20 has been an issue against the top teams all season. That whole “6 again” situation however is still pretty embarrassing for the game. I don’t pin the loss on it though.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Note I said "fans" and not necessarily Raiders fans. I acknowledge that there are some more balanced people on here. I couldn't say the same for the general public who were sitting at home and heard all the channel 9 carry on.

Sterling today was a lot more balanced on the game too.

The general public has sub 50 rugby league iq

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Condolences raiders fans. As for the roosters fans I could come on here and complain like all the other fans are doing but those were well deserved back to back premierships. It’s so hard for me to say this as I f**king hate the roosters but congratulations. You guys have achieved something which not many people believed possible. We are now the ones in your shadow.

Very few raiders fans are saying any different to jack there. The roosters fans are completely strawmanning us because they have a bizarre desire to be liked and respected

Nah mate. No issues with the Raiders, I get it, even with Skeepe. Can’t blame how you’re feeling. It’s butt hurt neutrals thinking they can ruin our day. If we had of won convincingly then they’d be bleating about sombreros. If it’s not one thing it’s another. Don’t need to be liked. Success means you get hate. May the hate continue for years to come.

Latest posts