What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons let down by the NRL

SnowDragon

Juniors
I again think about the season. NRL management decided to make a statement at the expense of a team, and followed up by rules that made it Worse... and then bound the clubs hands... enough to turn supporters away

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It's the only sporting code where the club that is the most popular around the world for an amazing feat, is treated worse than other clubs. As if they have been punished for winning 11 rather than celebrated.

Apparently the NRL has St George as winning 15 premierships and St George Illawarra as 1 premiership. But Eastern Suburbs who win 11 premierships is added to the Sydney Roosters 4 so Sydney Roosters have a total of 15. Because Eastern Suburbs and Sydney Roosters sound so much more like the same team rather than St George and St George Illawarra.

BLM01

First Grade
It's the only sporting code where the club that is the most popular around the world for an amazing feat, is treated worse than other clubs. As if they have been punished for winning 11 rather than celebrated.

Apparently the NRL has St George as winning 15 premierships and St George Illawarra as 1 premiership. But Eastern Suburbs who win 11 premierships is added to the Sydney Roosters 4 so Sydney Roosters have a total of 15. Because Eastern Suburbs and Sydney Roosters sound so much more like the same team rather than St George and St George Illawarra.

WTF. Seriously. How are Dragons treated worse than any other club and our premierships not celebrated? People still talk about it and refer to it today.
re JDB...Dylan Walker copped the same ban as JDB but has had his day in court. Tyrone May or that prop from Souths banned?
And no i dont agree with the NRL stand down rule..they have bent over again to the mass hysteria and outrage.

Re the Roosters. Are they not the same team as have not merged entities like we have. Just name.. or the buzz word of the millenium "brand" changing. There is a big difference.
And dont West Tigers get treated the same under premiership counting. They are merged side, how they supposed to refer to their historic premierships. I am sure Magpies and Balmain supporters dont want to be counted as 1 in the same re pre 2000. Same goes for Illawarra supporters. They dont want to claim and be part Dragons premierships between 1921-1979. Us Dragon supporters will never forget and carry it through.

Our club and football department + coaching admin are the ones that have let us down

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

While I completely agree, any Chooks fan will tell you that the Sydney Roosters’ NRL licence is held by the Eastern Suburbs District Rugby League Football Club.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
WTF. Seriously. How are Dragons treated worse than any other club and our premierships not celebrated? People still talk about it and refer to it today.
re JDB...Dylan Walker copped the same ban as JDB but has had his day in court. Tyrone May or that prop from Souths banned?
And no i dont agree with the NRL stand down rule..they have bent over again to the mass hysteria and outrage.

Re the Roosters. Are they not the same team as have not merged entities like we have. Just name.. or the buzz word of the millenium "brand" changing. There is a big difference.
And dont West Tigers get treated the same under premiership counting. They are merged side, how they supposed to refer to their historic premierships. I am sure Magpies and Balmain supporters dont want to be counted as 1 in the same re pre 2000. Same goes for Illawarra supporters. They dont want to claim and be part Dragons premierships between 1921-1979. Us Dragon supporters will never forget and carry it through.

Our club and football department + coaching admin are the ones that have let us down

A quick revision regarding the differences between joint ventures and mergers wouldn’t go astray, mate.

The Dragons (nor the Tigers for that matter) merged.

BLM01

First Grade
A quick revision regarding the differences between joint ventures and mergers wouldn’t go astray, mate.

The Dragons (nor the Tigers for that matter) merged.
Who cares the definition. Whatever. 2 teamd became 1 and not the same history is my point. Roosters have not

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Actually, that IS the point.

Under a merger, history is eradicated. With JVs, it’s not.
Au contraire..

A joint venture is a new entity, part owned by each of the partners..

A merger is where the history carries through..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
While I completely agree, any Chooks fan will tell you that the Sydney Roosters’ NRL licence is held by the Eastern Suburbs District Rugby League Football Club.
It’s not just any chooks fan’s opinion - facts also tell you that Easts have held the licence since the inception of rugby league to now.

Lol @ anyone who thinks that because they changed the name to Sydney Roosters that it is a new club..

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Perhaps go check Australian law instead of just posting the first result you find from a Google search..

I’ll wait.

I didn’t. It sounds you’re using Google, though

What part of the first sentence under “legal structures” eludes you?

I’ll wait.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Au contraire..

A joint venture is a new entity, part owned by each of the partners..

A merger is where the history carries through..
Everyone calls us St Merge so I’ll take that. We merely expanded our borders to where they originally were. Illawarra produced a huge amount of great players for the red v over the years and deserve their piece of the legacy.

Old Timer

Coach
Everyone calls us St Merge so I’ll take that. We merely expanded our borders to where they originally were. Illawarra produced a huge amount of great players for the red v over the years and deserve their piece of the legacy.
Ah you haven’t left so good job you posting again.
No doubt many will argue as to the legitimacy of premierships etc etc all I know us the big red v has been worn on many occasions including 2010

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Ah you haven’t left so good job you posting again.
No doubt many will argue as to the legitimacy of premierships etc etc all I know us the big red v has been worn on many occasions including 2010
They can say what they want but I had relatives that fought in wars supporting that famous red v. I couldn’t give a rats about what the NRL say or anyone else. We all know what’s been achieved in that jersey.

jak

Bench

what uncle wants uncle nick gets. ps you forgot the Sydney city roosters

TruSaint

Referee
I again think about the season. NRL management decided to make a statement at the expense of a team, and followed up by rules that made it Worse... and then bound the clubs hands... enough to turn supporters away

Yeah, nah mate.

Just how did the NRL let us down ? We have had shite period in our history of late, but I don't see how the governing body is the root cause.

If its the JDB decision, then what you are saying is that ONE player derailed our season. Like the decision or not, they won. I for one, agree with the call. If we are so f**king spineless that one player can be the root cause of nearly winning the spoon, then that's on management and staff.. Not the NRL.

Did the NRL appoint our board / coaching staff / recruitment etc ?

As to the debate about our titles, apart from Gallop calling our 2010 win as " sweet sixteen", then every other reputable source has us as 15 premierships as St George, and 1 as STGI.

As following a team is so emotional and subjective, you can spin these results as you want. Our history is great. That doesn't change. Our future is what counts now.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Yeah, nah mate.

Just how did the NRL let us down ? We have had shite period in our history of late, but I don't see how the governing body is the root cause.

If its the JDB decision, then what you are saying is that ONE player derailed our season. Like the decision or not, they won. I for one, agree with the call. If we are so f**king spineless that one player can be the root cause of nearly winning the spoon, then that's on management and staff.. Not the NRL.

Did the NRL appoint our board / coaching staff / recruitment etc ?

As to the debate about our titles, apart from Gallop calling our 2010 win as " sweet sixteen", then every other reputable source has us as 15 premierships as St George, and 1 as STGI.

As following a team is so emotional and subjective, you can spin these results as you want. Our history is great. That doesn't change. Our future is what counts now.

How did they let us down?

- no it’s not by doings crap job managing the team and letting everything spin out of control... there are others to blame for that

-but, they created the environment and uncertainty for this to all take place. Too many details debated already. I strongly feel let down by it all, enough said.

Latest posts