What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye 2010 -2019

Perth Red

Post Whore
While I agree that it would be great to see free flowing football dominate the game again, You might end up disappointed. I think Manly is probably the prime candidate to implement it successfully in the next few years.

I think Raiders can, they showed us glimpses in the second half of what off loading can do to break down the likes of the Roosters and Storm. As soon as we get a coach with some balls and some more forwards from England who can offload in a tackle I think we could see a change.

Valheru

Coach
I think Raiders can, they showed us glimpses in the second half of what off loading can do to break down the likes of the Roosters and Storm. As soon as we get a coach with some balls and some more forwards from England who can offload in a tackle I think we could see a change.

They scored 1 try

Perth Red

Post Whore
They scored 1 try

Would have been two if BJ hadn't done a Chambers, and tbh first half they played into Roosters hands with just one offload. No surprise when they offloaded it 18 times in second half they dominated large periods and looked far more dangerous. IMO Sezer was the weak link in not capatilising on the dominance of the second half. Frommeory Roosters only put one play on all game and scored off it. I always used to say if you can score more than 18 on the Storm you've a great chance of beating us. Same with Roosters as both teams are safety first and really dont have a plan B.

no name

Coach
In 2020 are we in the 2nd decade of the 21st century or the 3rd decade?

If we are in the 3rd decade then the century must have started in 2000 meaning the 1st century AD only had 99 years.
A decade can be any 10 year period.

Kind of easier to label the 90s all the years that end in 90 something.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
In 2020 are we in the 2nd decade of the 21st century or the 3rd decade?

If we are in the 3rd decade then the century must have started in 2000 meaning the 1st century AD only had 99 years.
Take your argument up with my source.

T.S Quint

Coach
Would have been two if BJ hadn't done a Chambers, and tbh first half they played into Roosters hands with just one offload. No surprise when they offloaded it 18 times in second half they dominated large periods and looked far more dangerous. IMO Sezer was the weak link in not capatilising on the dominance of the second half. Frommeory Roosters only put one play on all game and scored off it. I always used to say if you can score more than 18 on the Storm you've a great chance of beating us. Same with Roosters as both teams are safety first and really dont have a plan B.

When your plan A involves being almost unbreakable in defence you don’t really need a plan B.

Perth Red

Post Whore
When your plan A involves being almost unbreakable in defence you don’t really need a plan B.

True at the moment and is why the NRL really needs to get grips with how to reduce the imapct of the defence these days. The wrestle, three men in tackle and seemingly lack of interest from refs keeping sides back 10m must be addressed.

Valheru

Coach
True at the moment and is why the NRL really needs to get grips with how to reduce the imapct of the defence these days. The wrestle, three men in tackle and seemingly lack of interest from refs keeping sides back 10m must be addressed.

If this is addressed the roosters will average 40 points a game so I'm all for it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If this is addressed the roosters will average 40 points a game so I'm all for it.

Not unless you dramatically change the structured way you play. As you keep saying Raiders were nothing special yet Roosters struggled for 72min to put on any attack that broke them down.

Valheru

Coach
Not unless you dramatically change the structured way you play. As you keep saying Raiders were nothing special yet Roosters struggled for 72min to put on any attack that broke them down.

I didn't say they were nothing special, they dominated through the ruck on the back of 4 penalties and a sin bin. I am saying our defence was outstanding.

We had precisely 2 opportunities in thec 2nd half, one resulted in a line break and the other a long range try so I would say we did break them down.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I didn't say they were nothing special, they dominated through the ruck on the back of 4 penalties and a sin bin. I am saying our defence was outstanding.

We had precisely 2 opportunities in thec 2nd half, one resulted in a line break and the other a long range try so I would say we did break them down.

2 attacking efforts in 40mins, one offload in 80mins, yeh your not predictable at all lol