What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PM XIII - Fiji V Australia, Suva

Burns

First Grade
Fiji announced previously they were only picking domestic players. Hopefully they will make up the bulk of the team for their NSW Cup side?

jim_57

Staff member
Fiji announced previously they were only picking domestic players. Hopefully they will make up the bulk of the team for their NSW Cup side?

Fair enough, good to see. I'd imagine we'll see quite a few of those players reappear in NSW Cup.. or hopefully signing for an NRL club if they have a blinder in this game.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Fair enough, good to see. I'd imagine we'll see quite a few of those players reappear in NSW Cup.. or hopefully signing for an NRL club if they have a blinder in this game.
Let’s hope so. I’d be sending a few scouts to Suva, that’s for sure.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Funny, in the preview before most of the union WC games they respect both teams,,,no statements like "they'll get smashed" etc.

Talk up the game or don't whinge when no-one cares.
The union sides but out their best teams to be fair. Nobody cares because international RL is a joke and the junior kangaroos putting 60+ points on a weakened France team does the sport no favours.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Namibia, Russia, Canada etc are all getting smashed in union.

As I said. talk it up don't focus on the negative. International league isn't a joke. It's small yes but I wouldn't say it was a joke.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Namibia, Russia, Canada etc are all getting smashed in union.

As I said. talk it up don't focus on the negative. International league isn't a joke. It's small yes but I wouldn't say it was a joke.
Yeah but I’ll bet you any amount of money these teams and the organisation aren’t half-arsed with players pulling out or not being picked.

jim_57

Staff member
So Fiji and France are gonna get pumped big time. Gotta love international RL.

I don't think it's too bad they're running with a domestic only side, at least it's the chance of a lifetime for those players.

From memory a few years back Fiji had a local V overseas based players trial and I think it was a draw, so hopefully they can keep it respectable.

Ideally it'd be good to see a repeat of that fixture then this game. In future I'd like to see Fiji stick with mainly locals but every year throw in a couple players like Kikau, Sivo, Blake, Vunivalu, Koroisau, Kamikamika etc. Getting to train & play with those players would be great for the locals.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I don't think it's too bad they're running with a domestic only side, at least it's the chance of a lifetime for those players.

From memory a few years back Fiji had a local V overseas based players trial and I think it was a draw, so hopefully they can keep it respectable.

Ideally it'd be good to see a repeat of that fixture then this game. In future I'd like to see Fiji stick with mainly locals but every year throw in a couple players like Kikau, Sivo, Blake, Vunivalu, Koroisau, Kamikamika etc. Getting to train & play with those players would be great for the locals.
To be fair to the Fijians I’ve just seen that it’s a Fijian PMXIII also and not a test side.

Personally speaking I’d just like the Fijian public to see the likes of sivo, vunivalu, kikau and kamikamica pull on the bati jersey in the flesh on home soil against the Aussies, kiwis and English. It could give RL a huge boost in Fiji and spur more youngsters on to becoming the next Fijian NRL superstar.

jim_57

Staff member
To be fair to the Fijians I’ve just seen that it’s a Fijian PMXIII also and not a test side.

Personally speaking I’d just like the Fijian public to see the likes of sivo, vunivalu, kikau and kamikamica pull on the bati jersey in the flesh on home soil against the Aussies, kiwis and English. It could give RL a huge boost in Fiji and spur more youngsters on to becoming the next Fijian NRL superstar.

I agree, it would be good to see them host a full test now and then on home soil even if it isn't a massive money maker. For the PMXIII game a mostly local side with 2-3 of the first choice players thrown in would be a good touch. Same if it goes back to PNG.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Women's kickoff in ten minutes, live stream at NRL.com, or live broadcast on Fox League for those with Pay TV.

Men's game 6:30pm AEDT.