What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB Lions Tour on sale today + Eden Park schedule confirmed

yakstorm

First Grade
From what you can see on Ticketek, maybe a few hundred at Hamilton and Christchurch respectively,

Auckland looks a bit more promising... there might actually be a 1,000 tickets sold, although it looks like there are some strange holds, which means it could be more, although I wouldn't be on it.

These events will be a bit of slow burners I think... Once the train-on squads start getting names (Week 1 Finals), expect the sales to pick up.

Burns

First Grade
So, does anyone have any idea if this ha improved?

Had a play around earlier, and it doesn't look like Hamilton or any match has sold much more.

The GB Lions Oceanic Tour social media is garbage.

Burns

First Grade
Tickets sales look baaaaaaaad.

Hamilton has had most tickets reclassified for cheaper seats, with the top tiers now closed.

Eden Park is now selling the tv broadcast side only.

They might want to upgrade their pictures as they have Sam Burgess promoting for GB and DWZ for NZ.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Tickets sales look baaaaaaaad.

Hamilton has had most tickets reclassified for cheaper seats, with the top tiers now closed.

Eden Park is now selling the tv broadcast side only.

They might want to upgrade their pictures as they have Sam Burgess promoting for GB and DWZ for NZ.
The kiwis will never play at home again after this colossal goatf@ck of a “tour.” lol!!!

Arucard

Juniors
Now you can see why the Kangaroos have stayed away from it.
There was no appetite for this kind of tour down under yet.

Burns

First Grade
This had been built upon the Tongan fans coming out. I think the last few weeks has significantly ruined any momentum ticket sales may have had a month ago.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Not finalising the details of the GB tour until well into 2019 also does not help !

RLIF is a four-letter word ! And I say that as a RL internationalist !

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
This had been built upon the Tongan fans coming out. I think the last few weeks has significantly ruined any momentum ticket sales may have had a month ago.

Now that the Tongan team has been named, the momentum will come. Also will help having the nines this weekend.

Still, historically the kiwis only ever attract 12-20k to games...and 20k is when they are playing decent.

Burns

First Grade
Now that the Tongan team has been named, the momentum will come. Also will help having the nines this weekend.

Still, historically the kiwis only ever attract 12-20k to games...and 20k is when they are playing decent.
Didn’t they sell out Eden Park once for an hour end of year test?

I also wonder how many English fans are coming over. 3,000?

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Think that was the doubleheader in 2010 Four Nations?

2018 vs Tonga, Auckland 24k
2018 vs Australia, Auckland 13k
2017 vs Fiji, Wellington 12k
2017 vs Tonga, Waikato 24k
2017 vs Scotland, Chch 12k
2017 vs Samoa, Auckland 18k
2014 vs Samoa, Northland 17k
2014 vs England, Dunedin 16k
2014 vs Australia, Wellington 25k
2012 vs Australia, Auckland 35k
2010 vs England, Wellington 20k
2010 vs PNG, Rotorua 6k
2010 vs Australia, Auckland 44k
2010 vs Samoa, Auckland 11k

Having a quick look at the ticket sales, they are in big trouble if they dont start moving tickets soon...cant believe only half of Eden Park is open.

Last edited:

deluded pom?

Coach

I also wonder how many English fans are coming over. 3,000?
Bearing in mind no game against Australia and piss poor planning of the tour, I’ll be amazed if there are 500 coming over from Britain.