What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons let down by the NRL

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
JDB was stupid and selfish with no regard for anyone other than his teenaged mate.
He put everything at risk and the fallout is nothing short of catastrophic now and into the future
There is far too much uncertainty around him so to bring certainty and stability back to the club IMO see you later Jack is the only answer and tbh I have no sympathy for him whatsoever.
He took a risk and busted.

As l said mate, l agree wholeheartedly with you but from a law’s perspective, we must allow him presumption of innocence.

Old Timer

Coach
He’s presumed innocent of the rape charges, but his actions that put him in the situation that led to him being charged are the epitome of selfishness.
Indeed
He is entitled to the same amount of regard that he showed for others.

BLM01

First Grade
I see it more the other way around. The Dragons have let the NRL down. This club has lost it's identity and everything it stands for. We used to be rugby league but now we are a joke.
Almost there. The Dragons have let there whole membership and supporter base down with their actions over the past 9 years. Not signing Wayne for longer in the beginning or waiting until his last year to extend him then he said shove it was the start of the rot.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I see it more the other way around. The Dragons have let the NRL down. This club has lost it's identity and everything it stands for. We used to be rugby league but now we are a joke.

Yep...and the Dragons have let down its supporters when they decided to merge with Illawarra, and then became a second rate team with poor administration, coaches, and players employed...

Dragon David

First Grade
Almost there. The Dragons have let there whole membership and supporter base down with their actions over the past 9 years. Not signing Wayne for longer in the beginning or waiting until his last year to extend him then he said shove it was the start of the rot.
Yes, quite right BLM01. It's so ridiculous that we re-sign a useless coach with so little quality in the name of McGregor over and over again when his results have overall been diabolical, whilst the stupid Board and CEO at the time, not long after we won the grand final in 2010 did not push to re-sign Bennett for at least another two more years after 2011. What a joke! Were they thinking that one premiership for SGI was enough and not pursue two or three wins in a row? Look at the Roosters, as I put in one of my posts, they WILL be gunning for win number 3 in a row for sure which in this day and age of NRL will be hard to surpass.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Like what exactly?

I only engage in debates where I know what I’m talking about..

Right now we’re discussing the difference between a merger and a JV from a corporate entity point of view..

If you can’t contribute and just want to derail yet another thread with your petty personal attacks, you can sod off..

And why would you say I stir Sutherland? I have no beef with them..

The post typifies why this Forum needs a LOL button.

Clearly, you have NFI regarding the difference between joint ventures and mergers. As a stand-alone term, the latter infers palpable relinquished identity.

Only you could get it so amusingly incorrect.

Where’s Willow when he’s required? A fair while ago, I recall he posted a concise riposte on this very subject.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The post typifies why this Forum needs a LOL button.

Clearly, you have NFI regarding the difference between joint ventures and mergers. As a stand-alone term, the latter infers palpable relinquished identity.

Only you could get it so amusingly incorrect.

Where’s Willow when he’s required? A fair while ago, I recall he posted a concise riposte on this very subject.
Ahh Jimmy.. When you are trying to back yourself out of a corner, you use big words trying to make you appear smart.. The further into your corner the funnier your words become..

I’d love to play poker against you..

Feel free to go do some research on the companies I’ve mentioned, they’re a great real world example of mergers..

In short - had St George merged, they could carry on the history.. Unfortunately the 15 premierships sit separate to the current first grade team..

The law recognises it.. The NRL recognises it.. Everyone who isn’t a legacy St George fan recognises it..

Why can’t you?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Ahh Jimmy.. When you are trying to back yourself out of a corner, you use big words trying to make you appear smart.. The further into your corner the funnier your words become..

I’d love to play poker against you..

Feel free to go do some research on the companies I’ve mentioned, they’re a great real world example of mergers..

In short - had St George merged, they could carry on the history.. Unfortunately the 15 premierships sit separate to the current first grade team..

The law recognises it.. The NRL recognises it.. Everyone who isn’t a legacy St George fan recognises it..

Why can’t you?

I’ll simply defer you to the number of premierships listed at the beginning of this Forum....all 16 of them...and be done with it. You’re incapable of acknowledging when you ARE wrong; this has been demonstrated multiple times on differing threads.’

Big words? I don’t see any, but then again, I can’t see through your beer goggled eyes either.

Other than trolling like the proverbial fruit fly, why are you here?

(That’s rhetorical).

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’ll simply defer you to the number of premierships listed at the beginning of this Forum....all 16 of them...and be done with it. You’re incapable of acknowledging when you ARE wrong; this has been demonstrated multiple times on differing threads.’

Big words? I don’t see any, but then again, I can’t see through your beer goggled eyes either.

(That’s rhetorical).
No need to work yourself up, son.. (Your other trait when flustered is to start parroting back my comments with a different slant..)

Just do go a bit of research about mergers.. You’ll calm down once you realise the difference..

TruSaint

Referee

(That’s rhetorical).

Jimmy,

Mate, as Dragons fans we can always claim 16. Reality is, history will record it as 15 as STG and 1 as STGI.

When the governing body has already determined that, what we say becomes irrelevant.

Im a diehard Kogarah oldboy, and I understand your frustration. Everyone 20 or under attending games now, only know of STGI. We need to move forward, whilst embracing our rich history at the same time. The 2 are not mutually exclusive from a passionate fans viewpoint.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Yes, quite right BLM01. It's so ridiculous that we re-sign a useless coach with so little quality in the name of McGregor over and over again when his results have overall been diabolical, whilst the stupid Board and CEO at the time, not long after we won the grand final in 2010 did not push to re-sign Bennett for at least another two more years after 2011. What a joke! Were they thinking that one premiership for SGI was enough and not pursue two or three wins in a row? Look at the Roosters, as I put in one of my posts, they WILL be gunning for win number 3 in a row for sure which in this day and age of NRL will be hard to surpass.

Bennett wanted a five year contract with us...... Doust offered him 3 years only.
Go figuire!

Dragon David

First Grade
Bennett wanted a five year contract with us...... Doust offered him 3 years only.
Go figuire!
You are right OKB1 that's the crazy part. We kill it in year 1 but don't win the big one, kill it in year 2 and win it and on the way to killing it again in year 3 and if the 5 years was granted as Bennett wanted it, they would have gone very close to winning the big one again in my opinion and then year 4 if given to Bennett, winning 3 in a row- who knows? This scenario could have happened more's the pity.

With McGregor, it was totally against the grain as if the club only wanted mediocre /poor results for the past 6years and that is why they re-signed him at early stages of the comp. So the NRL did not let us down, the Dragons themselves did in a big way.

Crazy that the bosses of the club could not see the difference between Bennett and Price/McGregor - absolutely crazy!!!

Latest posts