What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL sent video of alleged Nelson Asofa-Solomona in Bali brawl

Chimp

Bench

This video is from earlier in the day (allegedly). All is in good spirits and consensual, but hardly the sort of thing a professional player should be doing to a member of the public, even if it is all done voluntarily and just for a laugh. It's dangerous (for both parties), it's stupid and for me it sums up the type of break they're having.
I'm all for them letting their hair down and 'boys being boys', but they're putting themselves in a position where it can easily turn sour - as it obviously has done. So, whilst they might be reacting to something someone else has done wrong, they're idiots for putting themselves in the position where it can go so horribly wrong. Doing this sort of shit is off bounds when you're paid so highly to be a professional sportsman - it's one of the sacrifices they need to make.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I remember when peeps wanted SBW expelled from all sport.

He walked from a contract, like the first ever.....lolololol

Should have gave him a true uppercut.

Violence is the anwser.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

This video is from earlier in the day (allegedly). All is in good spirits and consensual, but hardly the sort of thing a professional player should be doing to a member of the public, even if it is all done voluntarily and just for a laugh. It's dangerous (for both parties), it's stupid and for me it sums up the type of break they're having.
I'm all for them letting their hair down and 'boys being boys', but they're putting themselves in a position where it can easily turn sour - as it obviously has done. So, whilst they might be reacting to something someone else has done wrong, they're idiots for putting themselves in the position where it can go so horribly wrong. Doing this sort of shit is off bounds when you're paid so highly to be a professional sportsman - it's one of the sacrifices they need to make.
One can only imagine being over a bunch of jocks, thinking they own the joint..............

Look for trouble, found.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I actually retract.

Lucky to be alive, no guns.

I do not like him, but would never wish him dead.

Not how I roll.

Just play footy, he goes well.

SBD82

Coach

What an utter load of bollocks.

Canard

Immortal
Calling Tui a Storm star is more deluded then a @Mr Angry post.

I hear there is some horrific vision of a Storm player spiking a volleyball quite hard also.

When will this madness end??

Lambretta

First Grade
Of course storm are going to fly him back. Whether or not it was defending his mate, it still happened. Would be pretty irresponsible to leave him there after it happened, regardless of circumstance imo

Agreed. Takes the "what are Indonesia going to do about it" out of the equation

_Johnsy

Referee
ha
My brother supports a particular family.
They lost their father to cancer.
A lady on her own trying to look after 2 young kids and her elderly mum.
He set her up in a little tourist business.
She is Hindu
It’s damn cool to see her kids going thru school and her prospering.
I consider that cool

They have extremely strict drug laws.
It’s common knowledge.
Don’t smuggle drugs or act like a f**kwit and you’ll have no problems.
Pretty much spot on.

Lambretta

First Grade
Almost as bad as Indonesia, but not quite as barbaric.

Smypathy level minus one hundred and eighty.

Invest in a travel book.

Bali, full of poor bogan Aussies, and Indonesian barbarians.

Victorians go in thier thousands.

To be fair, going to Bali on Bathurst weekend does reduce the bogan factor by a significant amount