What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- Rugby World Cup

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Man I’m glad Scotland got KO’d after their unsportsmanlike whinge and legal threats about their last pool match getting potentially cancelled. That was a low act on multiple levels and won’t be forgotten.

JJ

Immortal
Did I hear that the Frenchies are revolting against the coach and looking to self coach... always dangerous when they go full genius

England, us, RSA and Wales to win, I think - but could be an upset in any of the games...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Serious question, is anybody going to challenge you?

Obviously not us.

Thinking of a bet, probably too short though, but a sure thing, I won on Winx, hurt my heart but.

If it is a game played in heaven, NZ is heaven.

I did like Christchurch to Queenstown.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Serious question, is anybody going to challenge you?

Obviously not us.

Thinking of a bet, probably too short though, but a sure thing, I won on Winx, hurt my heart but.

If it is a game played in heaven, NZ is heaven.

I did like Christchurch to Queenstown.

South Africa, Wales and England all have realistic shots of beating us on their day. Australia could if the cards (mainly the red ones) fall their way. Ireland have obviously beaten us fairly recently though they look well off the pace this year so don’t look as likely. Japan are already playing well above expectations and can only meet us now if they make it to the final, but if that happened I’d actually rate them a chance, can you imagine the wave of hype they’d have at that point? France look terrible but they’re, well, France.we hammered them in pool play in 2011 and they still almost stole the final after blundering they way into it. winning the RWC seems to often come down to one key game and it’s not necessarily the final one. For us last tournament I think it was the semi vs SA, in the final we were basically in party mode and put the cleaners through the Wallabies.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well RSA cannot win, f**k them.

Poms have been winning stuff.

I hope to see Japan in the final, beaten by the men in black.

The All Blacks have my respect.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If we were to miss out on the hat trick, I’d like it to be to Japan. That’s be some fairytale run for them.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Yeah as some one pointed ouy, jeeze anyone can beat us pretty much.

SA play the type of game that we seem to struggle against, I'd be most worried about facing them. I agree with SpaceMonkey about last WC, that SA game was bloody tough.

So to sum up, no, I don't think this is as clear cut as they come.

On another note, if we DID win this one, how good have NZ gone this year in sport?
Almost cricket World Cup champions
Netball champions
Rugby champions

Fingers crossed

shiznit

Coach
I’m hoping Japan can do well vs SA.

They have played such lovely rugby. Not boring, penalty kicking rubbish rugby.

They are a very skill full football team. Quick ball, offloading, going wide... they are great to watch.

Some of those tries vs Scotland were breathtaking.

Meth

Staff member
Man I’m glad Scotland got KO’d after their unsportsmanlike whinge and legal threats about their last pool match getting potentially cancelled. That was a low act on multiple levels and won’t be forgotten.

Well, me too, but also I think we'd do the same in the same position and I'd probably want us to. Scotland v Japan was always going to be the key match up of the pool and especially once Japan beat Ireland. Then again, Japan beat Ireland and Scotland didn't, so now they are especially deserving finalists, but they probably already were.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Well, me too, but also I think we'd do the same in the same position and I'd probably want us to. Scotland v Japan was always going to be the key match up of the pool and especially once Japan beat Ireland. Then again, Japan beat Ireland and Scotland didn't, so now they are especially deserving finalists, but they probably already were.

Id be f**king embarrassed if we ever stooped to that level. Japan was in the grip of a natural disaster that was claiming dozens of lives, for Scots to
Even suggest that the Japanese were scratching the match to ensure their own finals place was absolutely low. amd why did they even bring NZ into the discussion?
The fact that Japan has come through a cat 5 typhoon with the tournament intact and only 3 games cancelled, none of which were realistically going to have any impact on the final standings (Italy are f**king kidding to dream otherwise) is incredible. And I think they’ll justifiably be able to claim best RWC ever at the end of it.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
God hates the Scots.

In they lost.

No aboumt of whining can fix that.

I am so on the kiwis.

You can be the bad guys..In the end.

South Africa really took it to the ABs in that first match, but they showed a lot of class in a five-ten minute period to steal the win. They are the threat, Japan's fairytale ends Sunday...that being said I'm definitely cheering for the Blossoms.

A bad day can see Ireland or England beat us, but I'm not too worried.

Wales are the dark horse imo, and Australia...shit who knows which team is gonna show up.

Really looking forward to the matches this weekend, anyone gonna tune into the 9s?

Meth

Staff member
I see Scotland are directing their whinging towards the All Blacks now lol

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
On that evidence we’ve shortened as favourites. Still gonna watch tomorrow’s games with interest.

Latest posts